Chapter 45

Chapter 45

As much as there are things that my mother wants to intervene with regards of what is happening in my life as a Ngubane but she is reminded that I am no longer in the hands of the Biyela family but rather in the hands of the Ngubane family and as their daughter they are the ones that have to sort out things for me in this time.

I stayed with my mother much to my in laws dismay but I just wanted to be at home and just away from everything else and my husband has been giving me that time to spend with my mother without having to worry about his family problems.

the ceremony has been pushed so that everything can be done and dusted and I really cannot wait for whatever that these ancestors are doing in my life to stop honestly. I really need to be myself once more again. So here I am on my way with Vangeli to his family home and where everyone else will meet us there and the ceremony will be done. I will be done the rituals that are done when introducing a wife into the family and I am quiet nervous about everything but Vangeli is determined we do this so that we can move past all of this and get back to our lives.

I open the radio and play some music and rest on my seat. I want to ask that has he checked on his cousin but I don’t want to start an unnecessary fight.

It is quiet clear that Vangeli doesn’t like Zithulele that much and he also just keeps his distance like he has always mentioned. He is not even in our way.

“Have you talked to your cousin?”, I ask the itching question.

“No”

“Why not?”

“We don’t talk anyway”

“But this also concerns him”

“He would’ve said something if he wanted to say something”, he says and I just nod my head.

“I am nervous”, he mentions.

“Why?”

“I don’t know, you being introduced to ancestors, it is like they are shoving their belief down our throat”, he says.

“Well it is the only way that can help”

“I don’t have much faith in this but we are going to give it a try”, he says.

“Yeah”, he smiles and looks at me.

“I love you MaMgazi”, he says.

“I love you too Ngubane”, the drive is filled with the music that we are playing and relax before I encounter any drama that comes from that family, I just want to be in a position where things were the way they were before all of this mess that I am in right now.

We soon get to his family homestead and we get out of the car and already there are people who have arrived within the family. I will not lie, I am really nervous with everything that is going on but I am reminded of why we are here and it is to make things better in our lives. We take our things and our boy as well and we make our way inside the house, already we are met by some bickering. Really this is going to be a steep journey to go through, all of this and being introduced into something I am not used to, I know it from my father’s background but I was never exposed this much to the other side of that world. I have never been upclose to it and today I am about to look at it in the eye.

ASANELE

He pulls me close to his body and he takes a whiff of my scent in his nostrils as it gives me a bit of chills. This man will always have an effect on me and it upholds that of when we first met. He kisses my shoulder gently as my body moves to his rhythm and that of the soft music playing in the background.