Chapter 29

Chapter 29

ASANELE

I am really tired already of being pregnant and Unami is not even showing yet I look like a balloon. Lucky her if you ask me because why did I have to be the unlucky one out of this whole thing and neither should I say again that Mkhululi’s child is really showing me who is boss at this moment.

The drive going to our new home is filled with Lelami’s silence, my heavy breathing and Mkhululi’s music. He is seemingly enjoying the songs that he is listening to at the moment. I look at him and he steals a glance off from me.

“How is your back feeling?”, he asks.

It’s better now that I am seated. I think the packing and working around we have been doing for the past week got to me too.

“It feels okay”

“Are you sure you don’t want us to go to the doctor?”

“No, I am fine”

He nods his head unsure and he focuses on the road. I check on the girl behind me and she is quiet holding onto her doll.

“Are you angry at us?’, I ask and she shakes her head.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes mama”

“Okay”, I turn back to the front and place my hand on my stomach and rub it gently.

It gives me some sort of comfort doing that and also it happens just automatically some days when I am just feeling down. We soon get to the new house and the gate opens and the security man greets him and he greets back and then drives up to the front of the house.

“How rich are you?”, I ask as I look at him.

“I don’t know, I have lost count”, he says.

“Haibo, so you just spend?”

“I guess”, he shrugs his shoulders and he hops out of the car and helps Lelami out and then he comes to my side and helps me out.

I thank him and we make our way inside the house. We look around, it is too modern and I love it too. I look around and it is spacious just like the previous house. He comes and he stands beside me.

“Do you love it?”

“It’s big”

“We need all the space to fill up all the children we are going to have”

I turn to him.

“Maybe have another one after 5 years”, I say and he chuckles.

“Asimane siyivale kuyimanje awuboni siqede manje?(We should just finish just now don’t you think?)”, he says.

“You suggest?”

“We have another one after this one”, he says and kisses my neck. I breathe in and out.

Heeh ukube iyazi lendoda angisafuni lutho kwalena nje engathi ngingazikhiphela( if this man knew that I don’t want anything right now even this one inside of me I wish to take this child out of me).

“I am tired already Mkhululi”, I say.

“Okay baby”

Plus I am still young, he is only 30 so we still have time.

“The bedrooms are ready”, he says and I frown.

“Okay”

“Come let’s go and see them”, he says and we all go up the stairs. He shows us the two guest rooms and they look beautiful.