«𝑂𝑛𝑒»

"Dad, please." The boy begged.

"Stop whining like a bitch. Oh, wait. You are a bitch." The man sneered and continued to drag the smaller one to the car.

Aaron looked back at the woman he called mother and sobbed.

"Mama, please. D-don't do this to me. I'll be better. I promise! Please."

His cries were like a bee buzzing in their ears and they dismissed the pleas away with a wave of their hands.

"Dad! No! Please!"

David Brown stopped abruptly and grabbed a fistful of Aaron's hair, tilting his head backwards he neared the boy's face.

"Listen you filth." He gritted out through clenched teeth, nose flaring obnoxiously. "You are a mistake! And now you have a chance to redeem your pathetic existence.

So, be a good boy if you don't want to end up five feet under the ground."

Aaron's body shivered from how cold those eyes were and how easily his dad said that to him.

His eyes leaked like a dam had broken and he felt his heart tremble from how much their hatred hurt him.

Was he really a mistake? Was he not worth of anyone's love at all? Then maybe should he just die?

Laura Brown had another idea. She used her best fake sympathetic tone and gently took the boy's hand, making her eyes teary.

"You're our only child, Aaron. Can't you do this for your parents? To make us happy. Our company needs this. Make your parents happy, darling."

See, this was it.

Aaron lacked and craved love all his life. So, whenever he found even an ounce of love or care from anywhere, he'd grasp onto the thread like his life depended on it.

He'd do everything to keep that love in his life.

So, he agreed.

Mr. and Mrs. Brown smirked at each other and the three of them got inside the car, driving straight to the famous Archer Enterprise.

Aaron was numb. He felt numb. Eyes hollow and unable to produce anymore tears as he stared solemnly down at his feet.

David dragged him inside the building and to the elevator. They went up to the highest floor where the marriage would happen.

"Mr. Brown." Kai Archer greeted the other man with his palm stretched out.

David smiled and shook his hand.

"Mr. Archer. It's great to finally meet you. Thank you so much for saving my company."

Kai smiled but it dropped when he spotted the boy behind the fakest sweet smiles.

He would be around 20-21. Tall but very skinny and small looking. He had light brown hair, ocean blue eyes and looked extremely malnourished.

Angry red splotches could be seen through the collar of his shirt.

Kai knew what his parents were. How horrible they were and how far they could go to fullfil their own terms. That's the reason he agreed to this marriage.

Kai Archer had met Aaron at a café near his office and immediately took a liking to the soft hearted boy. He wished for a boy like him to be in his daughter's life.

Destiny was very work-oriented and often lost herself in work and businesses.

She barely had any time to love or spend with family. But she was a loving girl, even though she came out as a cold faced one.