«𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡»

Hearing her mother scream like that made Destiny run for her life, heart pounding out of her chest and hands getting cold and the few steps towards their bedroom felt like an eternity.

Reaching their room, the girl leaned herself by hands on the doorframe, panting from climbing the stairs too fast, eyes wide like saucers as she stared at her parents.

"What? What happened?! Did something happen to Aaron?!"

Lila had tears in her eyes as she smiled through them. Kai held around her shoulders and also smiled at their daughter.

Destiny found herself in perplexion, fearing the reason behind their sudden smiles. She could only count them as a reassurance before the storm that'd hit her.

"What the hell is it?!" She yelled, rushing over to Aaron to check his vitals by herself, checking for his pulse and heart beat over and over till she slowly calmed down.

Aaron's condition was same as before.

She turned to her parents in anger, seeting her teeth. "Why the hell would you scream like that?! Do you know how scared I was? I th- I thought something happened to Aaron." She glared.

Lila shook her head. "I'm sorry, my love. But A-Aaron- he- his fingers moved."

Destiny couldn't believe her ears. Aaron's fingers moved? It couldn't be. In the whole last month, he had never once made any movement.

Destiny had hallucinated several times that his eyes opened, or hands moved, or even eyelids twitched, but nothing.

Maybe it was like that now as well. Right?

"Don't play with me, mom." She gritted out, eyes reddening as she felt her heart racing once more.

Kai took Destiny's hand and softly caressed her knuckles.

"It's true, sweetheart. I saw with my own eyes. Lila held his hand and his fingers- twitched. I swear."

Destiny swallowed harshly, looking down at the peaceful face of her lover. Welled up eyes sloshed with tears as she didn't dare blink in fear of letting them fall and never stop.

"Aaron?" She softly called, brushing her fingers through his hair. "Baby, can you hear me?"

Lila sniffled, gripping Aaron's hand and squeezing it but there was no response this time.

"Should we call the doctor?" Kai asked.

"I'll call him." Lila said and they left the two in the room.

With rapid blinks, tears streamed down her face as Destiny couldn't hold back anymore. She lowered herself on the bed to rest her head beside Aaron's, on the same pillow, placing a hand atop his chest.

"I'm right here, baby. Just come back to me. It's gonna be okay, I'm here. Just let me know you're here too, p-please, Aaron. I c-can't go on any longer without you. Please."

Feeling the steady rise and fall of Aaron's chest underneath her palm, Destiny slowly fell asleep.

Lila had called the doctor and he informed them that it was a good news that there's movements. It could obviously mean he's slowly coming back.

After ending the call, the older couple cuddled on the couch and dreamed of the day their children would be together and happy again.

---------

Her parents left the next morning, making Destiny promise to call them right away if there's any update.

Lila kissed Aaron's forehead and spoke to him a little bit before they left.

Destiny worked from home, keeping most of her attention on Aaron most of the time.

By evening time, Ryan, Delilah, Kayden and Sasha, they all came by to wish her for her anniversary and brought several gifts. Destiny was thankful for the company and chatted with them with as much enthusiasm as she could muster.

After they all left, she went to freshen up and change into pajamas then climbed on the bed with her phone in hand.

Resting against the headboard, Destiny scrolled on her Instagram, free hand carding through Aaron's hair.

She knew how much her husband loved the smooth caresses, so she always did that before sleep.

As she was putting her phone away, the heart monitor started beeping a bit rapidly.

Destiny hastily turned around and her heart almost jumped out of her throat.

Aaron's eyes were open and exactly staring right at her.

Before she could response, a little scream escaped her mouth as she literally threw herself on top of him.

"Aaron? Baby, you're awake! Can you hear me?! Oh my- Oh God- baby, you're here! You came back to me! Oh God!"

Aaron's eyes blinked, a soft smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

Destiny had her hands running all over his face, hair, she pressed several kisses over his face and head, constantly shedding tears of joy.

Finally the day had arrived. The day of their union, and the day she finally had her love's beautiful ocean blue eyes looking at her with utmost love.

She felt complete.

----------

A/N:-

Only a couple more chapters left!
Vote & comment!