«𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛»

Finishing the deeds were always easy, but getting rid of the aftermath was always tough and annoying.

Aiden and the one he hired to inject Aaron were taken care of by Destiny's own hands.

There was a lot blood and screaming, and whipping and more screaming and more blood.

Eventually, her message was delivered and just as she had dreamed for days, Aiden died while begging for her forgiveness.

There was pure fear in his eyes when Destiny injected the same poison in his neck and watched as the last light of life slowly left him.

But as she returned home and her eyes landed on the still sleeping figure of her husband, everything felt in vain.

Her heart didn't feel satisfied, or happy. It still ached.

Only a couple more hours to go before it'd be their first year anniversary. It was still hard to believe that it's already been a year. A year of togetherness. No matter how stiff the beginning had been, their life was beautiful and Destiny wanted it to remain that way for eternity.

After she was done freshening up, Destiny gave Aaron a sponge bath and put him on his side so his back didn't rot. She made sure the wires were connected alright and there was no change in his condition.

She shaved his face and brushed his hair, smiling after she was done grooming her lover.

"You look so handsome. I love you." She kissed the tip of his nose and put away the stuff she bought to clean him up.

As she began heating up dinner, the bell rang and she went to open the door to reveal Lila and Kai with gifts.

"Mom. Dad." She pulled them in a huge hug, lingering in their arms for longer as she missed human contact so much.

"Hi, darling. How are you?" Lila asked, cupping her face and inspecting her face with her mother-like concerned eyes.

Destiny leaned against her touch and softly smiled. "I'm good, mom. I missed you two." She ushered them inside.

Kai's eyes roamed around and a pang echoed in his heart as a certain bubbly boy didn't come to greet them.

It was their first time in Destiny's apartment since she'd brought Aaron home from the Atlanta hospital.

They just couldn't muster up the courage to visit their son-in-law, also it didn't help how Destiny pushed them away.

That night. The call. It still haunted them. They didn't, no, couldn't face their daughter knowing how hard it was for her to keep on living under the same roof where her husband fought each day in hopes to live another.

Finally, when Destiny herself called them over for a family dinner for their anniversary, that they managed to come.

"Dinner's ready." Destiny caught their drifting attention after serving the dishes on the table.

Kai and Lila sat across from her and smiled seeing all of Aaron's favorite food prepared by his lovely wife.

Most of them being on the sweeter side.

"I guess we're having dessert with main course." Kai chuckled.

Destiny snorted and served them food, while serving herself with a piece of blueberry pie. Just how much she missed Aaron's hand-made pies.

"How's the café?" She asked.

Lila eyed her serving for a moment, composing herself before any tear made their way down her face. She didn't want to cry in front of her daughter.

"I-it's good. Jaden's handling it really well. His girlfriend helps a lot. Such a sweet girl Sara is." Lila replied.

Destiny nodded, smiling at the words. She'd heard about Jaden's girlfriend but couldn't handle going there. To the café. It'd destroy her seeing the place Aaron loved like his own baby. She only texted Jaden a couple times. And that was it.

"Thanks for the gifts, dad. They're lovely."

"It's nothing. Just a couple chocolate boxes for Aaron. You know how much that boy loves them."

It made Destiny's heart hurt and warm at the same time. She felt good hearing her parents talk about Aaron without breaking down. She wouldn't be able to handle their meltdowns tonight.

"I know. He'd love them."

Following dinner, they had some coffee and later, as Destiny was putting away the dishes, she spotted her parents' hestitating gaze lingering on their bedroom door.

She smiled. "Mom. Dad." She gained their attention. "Just go inside and meet him. He misses you two. Don't make him wait any longer."

Kai and Lila smiled, looking at each other and nodded before finally entering the room. Destiny stayed outside to give them some time alone with their beloved son-in-law.

Her wandering eyes went to the clock. Only an hour left and then it'd be the d-day. The day she got Aaron as her own.

She was grateful that her parents would stay the night with them. She didn't know if she could be able to stay alone tonight.

A long sigh escaped her as she put away the last dish in the cabinet.

Pulling the fridge open, she grabbed a Ferrero Rocher and began to unwrap it when Lila's frantic figure came out of the bedroom, panting and eyes glassy with tears.

"Destiny!"

---------

A/N:-

Sorry for the short chapter.
This story's gonna end soon🥰
I'm gonna finish it first then update,
'Alpha Arya's Sweet Omega'

Thank you for your lovely comments and support till now. They make my day!

Vote & comment.