«𝑇𝑒𝑛»

"It's so nice to have you around. I missed you so much, lil bean."

Jaden pulled Aaron in a side hug by wrapping one arm around his neck and pulling him down to ruffle his hair.

Aaron giggled and embraced the loving gesture.

They had come to rebundle very strongly, being really carefree and cheerful around each other.

A form of friendship which was also new, but very dear, to Aaron.

"I missed you too. It feels like I'm back home." He said while putting away his apron and getting ready to leave for the day.

The café was closed now, and the pair was the last to leave after bidding every other worker goodbye.

Aaron made sure everyone had taken one of his cupcake pies, which he had prepared, inspired by Destiny's favorite blueberries.

"Don't forget to give your wifey her favorite pie." Jaden reminded and winked.

Aaron blushed, packing 3 pie cakes in a box and sealing it close.

Something has changed in the past week. Jaden could tell it.

Aaron's face glowed more, the darkness that surrounded his eyes were lessened a lot.

He looked healthier and a lot more smiley. Jaden felt a endearment for him like a little brother, and seeing him like this made the older boy so happy inside.

"Bye, Jadey. See you tomorrow." Aaron waved while grabbing his jacket.

"Bye, bean. Go safely. Did the uber arrive yet?"

"No, I'll just walk home. I'm feeling like walking."

Jaden frowned and thinned his lips in a big bro expression.

"Aaron, it gets cold outside at this time. Don't walk."

"I'll be fine, Jadey. I just want to take fresh air after being scooped up in the apartment for a week."

"Okay, but if it gets too cold just take the uber or anything."

"Okay. Bye!" Aaron waved again and left the café.

He was about to head down the pavement when a very familiar black matted Bugatti pulled in front of him.

He stopped in his steps, heartbeat increasing while the cold wind nipped at his skin.

Destiny stepped out of it with her brows knitted together in a frown, she rushed towards Aaron and quite angrily grabbed his jacket from his hand.

"Didn't I tell you to keep your jacket on yourself?" She reprimanded and guided him to put the material on, zipping the chain and huddling the collar close to protect his neck from the cold. "Why don't you listen, huh? What if you caught cold again?"

"Sorry." The boy bit his lip, feeling so good being scolded like this.

Only because it was a scolding from someone who cared about him, and was concerned for him.

Destiny didn't reply just grabbed his small hand and dragged him to her car.

She held the door open and Aaron sat down in the passenger seat and Destiny closed it for him.

She walked around to the driver's side and got inside. She turned to the other and noticed his seatbelt wasn't on.

Rolling her eyes, Destiny leaned close and grabbed the strap.

While doing so, Aaron turned to his side and both of them suddenly realized how close their faces were. Only a few inches apart.

Their breaths fanned the other, and Aaron's breath hitched. He noticed how Destiny's eyes flickered from his eyes down to his lips.