«𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑇𝑤𝑜»

Destiny returned home and got her laptop, settling with her water bottle and a few snacks on the chair in her office.

She put on her glasses and began doing her work.

Immersed in work, four hours went by smoothly. She was brought back to reality by the ringing of her phone. She grabbed it off the table without seeing the caller id and when her eyes fell on the name, she felt a sudden pit form in her stomach.

It was Jaden.

He wouldn't call otherwise there was an emergency at the café.

She rushed to pick up the call and fired the one question that mattered the most to her.

"Is Aaron okay?!"

Jaden sighed on the other end.

"Yeah, he's fine now." Before Destiny could breath out in relief, she felt a 'but' in his tone. "Something happened at the café. Could you maybe come here now?"

She didn't didn't need to be asked twice as she got up and immediately rushed around to get her keys and jacket, running towards her car.

She got inside and sped up to the café. She just hoped nothing bad had happened.

Jaden would've told her otherwise, right?

She arrived there at twice speed and jumped out of the car, bursting inside the café. She panted a little while reaching there. She found Jaden and ran to him.

"Where is he? What happened?!" She shook his shoulders.

Jaden grabbed her arms and tried to calm her down.

"He's fine, Destiny. You need to relax."

Destiny did her best to relax then asked again. "What happened?"

Jaden glanced back at the spare room then back at her who looked like she'd start rampage any more minute she was separated from her husband.

"A customer harrassed Aaron." Destiny felt her blood start boiling just hearing that. "They kept touching him, calling him over for no reason. When Aaron refused her, she threatened to ban his café and uhm- she-" Jaden hesitated. "She slapped him."

All of Destiny's self control evaporated at that and her eyes turned red as if she'd kill every person coming in her view right about now. It was a scary sight.

"Where is that bitch?" She gritted, jaws clenched.

"We have her at the back. But Destiny, you need to go to Aaron before that. He had a panic attack earlier. He's in the spare room. Please go to him. We can deal with the shithead later. The police have her."

Destiny nodded and ran straight to the spare room, her heart aching that her baby had a panic attack and she wasn't there to calm him down.

Aaron's history with his abusive parents always triggered his attacks, but this hadn't happened in a while.

When she went to the room, she found Aaron on the bed with his knees tucked to his chest. Eyes puffy and red and cheeks flushed.