«𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒»

A week with Destiny felt like a dream come true. Aaron still had to remind himself with a pinch that it was infact reality, not his made up imaginations.

He never realized just how soft and caring Destiny Archer could be.

The girl who didn't even bat an eye at him, ignored his existence like he wasn't even there, was the same girl who's now making him breakfast and reminding him to take medication on time, helping him on household chores.

Destiny had taken the whole week off and stayed home, working only 3-4 hours at her home office.

Most of her attention remained on her husband. She didn't even let Aaron go to the café.

Lila visited them once after hearing about Aaron's health. She also assured the boy that the café would be fine.

Jaden would take care of it.

These past seven days made Aaron experience stuff he only ever imagined till this point.

And it made him so overwhelmed that he often bursted out crying.

Each time, Destiny would hug him and whisper soft assurances in his ear till he calmed down.

This week also made the younger boy realize something.

He was falling. For his wife. He was falling hard.

Every time Destiny would be around, his heart rate would quicken, his cheeks would flush abnormally. His smiles just wouldn't stop, and he'd feel unusually clammy and nervous.

Whenever their hands or skin touched, Aaron would just scream from the inside from how good it felt.

He so bad wanted to kiss Destiny, know the feel of staying in her arms.

But he knew he was asking for more. He should appreciate what he had now.

Aaron was fully alright now.

Apparently, he had often trouble breathing due to his ribs being damaged more than once in his life time.

So, the cold had him down bad.

Destiny knew why Aaron's body was like this, she hid this information from him. The doctor told her this when they went for a routine check up.

"He shouldn't catch cold under any circumstances. His lungs aren't that good due to the excessive damage done to his ribs.

He needs time to heal. Bring him for check up once in every month. And follow the meds on time. He'll be okay."

Destiny had imprinted the doctor's words in her mind.

It hurt her heart so bad to think just how much this boy have suffered.

She knew she couldn't change the past or rewind time, but she was adamant on making the present better.

"Did you take your morning pills?" She asked while Aaron was getting ready to leave for the café.

"Yes. I'm completely fine, Ottie." Aaron said with a fond exasperated look, brushing his hair and fixing his shirt.

Destiny's heart fluttered each time the boy called her by this new nickname.

She nodded and went close to fix the collar for him.

Aaron froze and instant heat rose to his cheeks as his wife straightened his collar and smoothed out his shirt.

"Don't overwork yourself. Have your meals on time and have your jacket on you all the time. Don't go out in cold for too long."