lay it all out

Chapter Seven:
LAY IT ALL OUT

CLARKE'S POV:

We parked outside Finn's house, watching and waiting for him to rush out from the backyard. I text Finn that we're here and he replies saying he'll be out soon.

Raven points to a car behind us," That car has been following us since we left the school. Think we're getting busted?"

I turn, facing the direction in which she's pointing. It's a familiar black SUV. I groan," That's Bellamy."

She laughs," No surprise."

" Here comes Finn, we'll ditch Bellamy on the roads."

" You should go talk to him." She says lightly. I give her a short glare and shake my head.

Finn rushes into the back, and smiles," Hey, ladies. Talk to whom?"

I roll my eyes, and clench the steering wheel," No one, buckle up."

Raven points," Bellamy is following us."

Finn looks at his car," Who's that?"

I shake my head," No one important."

Raven says," Go talk to him. She should talk to him, right?" Finn nods, and she smiles," Right."

I groan, looking at any traffic. I pick up my phone and get out," Be right back."

I walk to Bellamy's car, and get into the passenger seat," Why are you following us?"

" Who's house is this?"

" Finn's."

" Your new boyfriend?"

I roll my eyes," Him and Raven are a thing."

He shrugs," Okay then."

" Okay, nice chatting with you. Glad we can clear things up." I grab the door handle and Bellamy touches my arm, startling me.

Bellamy points at my car," Clarke..."

I look up, seeing Raven hopping into the driver's seat and pulling away in a quick motion. " Shit."

He hides a laugh.

I roll my eyes, and cross my arms," Take me home."

" Your seatbelt?"

I don't budge, and keep a scowl on my face.

He shrugs," You asked for it." He leans forward, pinning me against my chair and pulling the seatbelt over me. His lips brush against my ear, as I try to pull away.

He sits back, and groans," God, will you chill, Clarke?"

" Why are you dating Lexa?" I say, feeling myself start to feel numb inside. My chest burns of hidden anger.

He sighs," I don't know. She's cute."

" Do you even like her?"

He shrugs," I don't know."

" Drive. The less time I have to be in here with you, the better."

" Are you hungry?" He asks.

I shake my head," No."

" You can't be that mad if you're still speaking to me."

I groan, sticking my hand out the window, feeling the breeze fly by. " I don't hate you. I'm just disappointed, that's all."

" Because you finally realized who I am."

I laughed," I'm not talking to you." I crossed my arms again and picked my feet up to the dashboard, laying back.

He sighs," Fine, be like that, I don't even care."

" Sure you don't. I know it kills you."

" It really doesn't."

" Then why'd you follow us?"

" I wanted to make sure you were okay. You never skip class."

" I don't believe we know each other that well, I use to skip all the time last year."

He drops his jaw," Are you serious? Clarke Griffin skipped class?"

" Yes, I have. Don't act so surprised."

" You're talking to me again." He says with a proud smile. I look at my shoes, thinking about how surprised I was when I found out about Lexa and Bellamy. I guess I zoned because he nudged my arm," What's up now?"

" Why wasn't I good enough?"

His smile fades, and he focuses back on the road.

" You don't even know? I mean you can't even tell me why? It just started and ended like that? You just woke up and decide I wasn't enough?"

He sighs," Cl-arke." His voice cracks, and he stares at the road.

We finally pull into my driveway, no sign of my car or Raven or Finn. Once he parks, I quickly unbuckle and rush out, Bellamy calling my name. I'm now crying," Don't forget who was there for you when no one else was."

He gets out of his car, and follows me inside. He's angry, and he's also hurt at the same time. I stop in the foyer, watching him step inside the house.

He breathes," I didn't believe you."

" Believe what?"

" When you told me you were done with me. You told me to find my own way home, and I realized I had no idea how else to get home without you. Fuck, Clarke, you have no idea how scared I am of loosing you."

" You have an odd way of showing it."

" You've always been there, that's why. I never had to be lost."

I shake my head," Stop looking at me like you want me because we both know you don't."

He sighs," Clarke." He steps forward, reaching for my hand.

I step away," I don't hate you, and I'm not done with you! But right now, in this very moment, it matters and it fucking hurts. Please, just go."

He shakes his head," I can't go, I'm not leaving again."

"  I stop chasing and you start noticing. Is this how it works between us? You using me? Please, just save it, I have no more energy to continue this relationship, whatever it is." I head upstairs, and he lets himself out. I fall over on the stairs. I stop on the top step, crying right there. A whole lifetime full of Bellamy Blake. Sleepovers, vacations, games-lots and lots of games. Bellamy, the only winner at the end of all of them. I throw in my white flag, I surrender, and I give up.
Get up, Clarke, and get over it. Get over, him.

***

WHAT AN EVENTFUL CHAPTER HMM? I'm in a pissy mood so I guess this chapter really reflects this, but hey I'm thinking a couple more chapters till this short story is wrapped up, and I continue on with my other, Protecting Princess. BUT, I'm very indecisive so don't freak out too quickly!

-Love, LANES XOXO