christmas secrets

Chapter Twelve:
CHRISTMAS SECRETS

CLARKE'S POV:

I jumped at the idea of Christmas with my very special boyfriend. It was finally the holidays, snow and hot cocoa, winter jackets and boots, mistletoe and caroling.

Ever since my father passed, I've hated this season. He loved winter, he adored Christmas, and he was always a jolly happy man. It's just bittersweet now.

Bellamy and I planned on spending Christmas morning with my family and then spending the rest of the day with his family. Maybe we'll go ice skating, or get hot cocoa, the plans for christmas night will be spontaneously planned.

I laid with Bellamy in my room, Christmas Eve. He was falling in and out of sleep while we watched, or tried to watch, It's a Wonderful Life. His head was on my stomach as he laid sideways, and my hands twirled around in his curly hair.

I whisper," You need a haircut."

" I might grow it out longer. I'm thinking about it." He mumbled.

" No way."

He laughs," I thought you loved my curls."

" I do, I love them. But not when they're a rat's nest."

He laughs," How about after the holidays?"

" Before the new year, or else I'm kissing someone else at midnight." I tease.

He sits up, pulling me into his lap," You would never." He tickles me, making me squirm around his lap, laughing hysterically. He kisses my face, sloppily.

His phone interrupts our little moment, and I smile, catching my breath," You can take it."

" No, it's okay, where were we?" He says with a growing smirk. He tries to come closer, but I push his hands away.

" Take the call, it could be important."

He groans, pulling out his phone," Hey, what's up, Mom?" I hear her voice, and he nods, leaving the room, pacing in the hallway. My parents weren't home; so we were alone. They took Charlotte sledding or to Grandma's, I really didn't hear them shouting before they left.

Bellamy came back in, grabbing his jacket," I have to go."

I frowned, moving to the side of the bed, taking his hands," What's up?"

He shakes his head," Nothing, just a work thing."

" I thought I heard you say Mom?"

He shakes his head," Must've misunderstood, everything is okay at home. I just have to go."

I nod," Okay, you'll be coming back, right?"

He drops his head, taking a deep breath," I'll be here before you wake up in the morning."

" Bellamy." I say, disappointed. Why is he lying to me? We don't keep secrets.

He shrugs," It's not a big deal, okay? We'll have plenty of Christmas's in the future, and we'll still have an amazing day."

I nod slowly," I guess I was just getting spoiled to waking up to you the last few days."

He kisses my head," I'll see you in the morning, beautiful."

" Yeah, yeah, get of here." I sarcastically joke. He walks out, a smug look on his face.

After a long Christmas, family filled day, Bellamy and I lay together in the empty living room. He was distant and quiet today. He seemed sad and totally away from everything going on. I would be laughing with his aunt or uncle and he'd be in the corner of the room, staring at the floor. I had no way to comfort him because he won't tell me what's going on.

He sighs, laying his head back," I think I'm going to head out."

I move, looking at him. " Again?"

He nods," I just need to be alone."

I rub his arm," Baby, tell me what's going on. Why are you acting like this?"

He closes his eyes, shaking his head," I don't know. I just want to go home."

" I thought I was home to you."

He runs his hand over his face," You are, Clarke, damnit, can't I just have some time to myself? I'm going home." He stands up, and walks out of the room.

I follow after him," I don't like this, Bellamy, these secrets! Tell me what's wrong!"

" Just drop it, Clarke, okay?" He says, glancing at me from the front door.

I cry," If you leave now, don't bother coming back. I mean it."

He looks at me, and his eyes scream guilt. He opens the door, stepping outside and walking off down the porch. I feel my insides scream, and I fall to the ground in a heaping mess.

***
OK DON'T WORRY, I'LL POST PART TWO ON THE CAR RIDE. BUT THEN NO POSTS FOR A WHOLE WEEK.....AW. Actually sad.

I'll miss you guys on my little VACA! But I'll hop on my notifs & messages every now and then when I can! Maybe, (if I can) I'll do a younow at the pool or something, on a chill day! Let me know if y'all wanna watch or would like that (-:(-;;;

If you'd like, I'll allow y'all to follow my personal twitter & insta's (just message me for the usernames) & keep my fanfictions private (i'm like a hannah montana, so don't be discussing it hahah)

Anyways, keep reading & enjoying!!!
-Lanie XOXO