planners

Chapter Twenty-Five:
PLANNERS

CLARKE'S POV:

After about a week of begging, I finally convinced Bellamy to check out some potential wedding planners. I believe it's better if we start planning now rather than later. Right now, I'm only in summer classes, but things will only get more hectic once I start my regular classes.

I tug on his arm while we walk towards the office building. He groans, halting in the middle of the parking lot," We don't have to do this now, you know that, right?"

I roll my eyes," It's just a meeting, a consultation, if you'd like to call it."

He sighs," I love you, Clarke, I'm just not ready for this wedding stuff. We're doing good right now, and I don't think we need the added stress." He holds my hands, swinging them back amd forth.

" I thought you wanted to get married soon? We can plan all this on our own!"

He nods," I just thought we would have the ring, but wait, and took our time. We're in no rush," he says gently.

" Alright, I'll go inside and cancel our appointment. No big deal." I seperate from him, and head towards the doors.

He takes my hand, turning me back to face him. He strokes my cheek," I love you? Okay?"

I nod," I'm not mad, I just wish you would've told me about this sooner."

I head inside, cancelling our appointment and meeting Bellamy back in the car. I cross my arms, pouting.

Bellamy laughs," I thought you weren't mad?"

" I'm not."

" You look mad," he explains.

I shoot him a glare, and stare back to the window.

" Are you hungry? We could try this burger place right here? Or that sushi place you love?"

" I just want to go home. Please. I have papers to do, and you need to finish fixing the lights in the bathroom, you promised."

He nods," I thought today was our day off? We could go to the pier? Go see a movie? Walk around and see the city? Come on, babe, it's date night."

I take his hand, and kiss it," I'd love to, but I realized I had a lot to get done. I forgot to tell you, just like you forgot to tell me about how you felt about a wedding planner!" I yelled.

He clenches the wheel," So, we're still upset? Okay."

We sat in the silence for the remainder of the ride home. Once we made it upstairs, I dropped onto the couch, crossing my arms with  a frown. Bellamy laughs," Clarke, why are you so upset?"

" I'm not upset!"

" Clearly."

I sighed, reaching my arm out," Come here."

He takes my hand and I pull him towards me, letting him pick me off the couch. He falls back, and holds me on top of him. He kisses my head, whispering," I love you."

" I love you too. I really do."

" What's upsetting you, babe?"

" I want to mark my territory."

He laughs," I'm not going anywhere."

***

I SWEAR THE FLUFFINESS WILL END NEXT

LOVE LANIE XOXO