she is my future

Chapter Twenty-One:
SHE IS MY FUTURE

BELLAMY'S POV:

I finished putting the last box in the garage, preparing it pack up my car later tonight. I packed all my things and settled all the necessary plans for my move to Chicago. I made many calls for potential jobs, made an appointment with an apartment complex near Clarke's school and the only thing left for me to do, is say my goodbye's to my family.

My mother and I have talked and obviously she approves. She loves Clarke and understands what I'm doing to follow her. I would follow her to the ends of the earth. She told me," I wouldn't want you to loose her after everything you both have been through, to stay and take care of me, that's my job."

I made my way to Octavia, sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast. She smiled," Want a bite, brother?"

I shook my head, taking a seat next to her," I'm good, thank you, O."

She continues to eat, taking a smile after each bite.

" You remember my friend Clarke, right?"

She smiles," Yes! I love Clarke," she cheers.

I laugh," Me too."

" Where is she?" She asks, a confused look. She looks around, expecting her to walk in through the door.

I laugh again," She's not here, O. I want to talk to you, okay? I'm going to be leaving soon, tomorrow actually. I will be away for awhile, for a long time."

She frowns," Why?"

" Clarke is going to college in Chicago, and I'm going to go with her. I love her very much."

She nods, slowly," Okay, have fun!" She smiles, focusing back to her breakfast.

" I'll miss you?" I say, sweetly.

She giggles and gives me a kiss to the cheek," I can use your room for my barbies!"

I laugh, rolling my eyes. " We'll talk everyday, don't worry."

" That's okay."

I nod, standing up. She's too young to understand. " I'll be back later, in time to tuck you in." I kiss her head and find my mom in her bedroom, folding clothes. I stand in the doorway," I'm going to be leaving for Clarke's graduation."

She turns her head, and stares at me with a gleam in her eyes. " I can't believe my little boy is officially a man!"

I blush," Mom..."

She laughs, walking towards me. She fixes my collar and covers her mouth," I won't get tears all over your nice shirt."

I give her a quick hug," I'm leaving just yet, Mom."

She nods," I know, I know. Go get going, you need to stop and get flowers, mister!"

" Of course."

" If you don't know her favorite flower, go with her favorite color."

I nod," Got it. Thanks, Mom."

Arriving to the venue of the graduation, I nervously walk in with the flowers. I scratch my head whilst looking for a seat, not sure of where I should be sitting. I noticed an empty seat near a lovely family, recognizing Mrs. Griffin and Clarke's stepfather with their daughter, Charlotte. I made my way towards them, asking," Is this seat taken?"

Mrs. Griffin spun her head, and smiled bashfully," Yes, by you! I'm glad you could make it; Clarke would love to see you."

I sat down, shaking hands with Kane. I whispered to Mrs. Griffin," How's Clarke been this passed week? I'm sure she's told you..."

She nods slowly," I had to squeeze it out of her, although I knew something was up. She's been very stressed lately, I don't think she's ready to go away."

" I'm going with her, she doesn't know it yet."

She cocks her head, confused," You're going with her to Chicago?"

I nodded," I know it seems crazy-"

She shook her head,"-That's not the impression I was trying to give, dear. I'm just surprised, that's all."

" It's okay, I understand. I love her more than anything, and she's been there for me, I couldn't imagine letting her go alone."

Kane listening in, asked," What are your plans for the future, son? Aren't you thinking of that?"

I nodded," Yes, I am, sir."

" And?" He continues.

I shrugged," I don't see anything wrong with following her, since she is my future. I've always known that," I explained.

Mrs. Griffin smiled, tearing up already.

Kane nods," I believe you have just earned my blessing. You're a good man, Bellamy. Treat her right."

" Yes, of course."

Mrs. Griffin held my hand, and the ceremony began. Clarke had noticed me quickly, and her face seem surprised, but soon enough replaced with a stunning smile. She looked happy, and nervous as well. I was proud, and excited for our future.

***

I finally buckled down and wrote a semi-decent chapter! Sorry it's so short, I wanted the remaining parts to be in Clarke's POV. Anyone else agree Bellamy is too sweet in this? I fell in love, just a little bit.

And also, Octavia in this story, is a young girl, probably under 10, but older than 5ish. I don't really have a set age for her.

And for anyone asking or wondering, I don't plan on writing a sequel for this, only planned yet is a couple more chapters and the expected epilogue.

Thank you so much for your patience on this chapter! I love you all no matter what, and you're the best readers ever! XOXO

AND also a big thanks for almost 4K reads! That's incredible!!!