may we meet again

Chapter Sixteen:
MAY WE MEET AGAIN

CLARKE'S POV:

I woke up, slowly. My eyes opening and closing with each passing second, and my breathing carefully awakening. I moved my head, trying not to wake up the sleeping beauty next to me that is Bellamy.

I rise to my feet, pushing back the covers. Bellamy tugs on my hand from behind me, pulling me back to the bed. He wraps his arms around me, whispering," Don't go just yet."

I groan," I have to go, and you have to go."

" I don't leave till Wednesday." He mumbles through the pillow.

" For me, you leave now. I have to go."

He sits up, looking at me with confused eyes," Clarke..."

I groan," Bellamy, please just let me go, it'll be too hard to get close again."

He shakes his head," Don't be like this, I'm not even going far."

" You'll be better off moving away while single and ready to meet all the beautiful girls there. And you'll be able to flirt around like old times, and you can forget all about me. You deserve a fresh start."

He sighs, rubbing his face with his hand. He's annoyed, and upset. He tries to pull on my hands again," I don't want those other beautiful girls, I don't want to flirt around, and I most definitely don't want to forget one of the best things that has ever happened to me."

" You have to move on."

He shakes his head," I'll be back, you'll be around, and we'll find our way again."

" Bellamy, stop, can you tell I'm pushing you away?"

He laughs," I'm not letting you!" His tone changes, and he grows angry," Fuck, Clarke, this isn't all about you! This will be hard but I'm not just going to forget everything that ever happened between us!"

" You'll be busy, and I'll be busy, and we won't ever have coordinating schedules, and things will grow harder and we'll be stuck in a love-less marriage, resenting each other and hating the world that we live in because we're unhappy."

His expression falls, and his eyes look out the window. He sighs," Is that really what you believe?"

" The universe is trying to tell us something." I respond, holding back tears.

" I guess that's it then. We're done. And I'll be leaving."

" I'm leaving now."

He rolls his eyes," You just use me, and go on your merry way? You change me for the better, make me fall in love with you, then just as things get tough, you're leaving me. Where's the Clarke I know? The stubborn one who would never let distance ruin something so great?"

I sigh," She fell in love, and became weak."

He punches his pillow," Why is this so fucking complicated? I want you, Clarke, and I need you, Clarke."

I breathe," I can't do this anymore."

He laughs," Bullshit. Why are you being like this?"

" I'm scared, because you're leaving!"

He pulls on my hands, letting me fall into his lap. He looks into my eyes, moving the hair out of my face. Bellamy smiles," You know I love you, right? More than anything else in this world?"

I close my eyes, taking a breath," Yes."

He takes a deep breath," Don't mind the distance and crazy schedules, okay, baby? We'll make things work, because we're meant to be."

I keep my eyes shut, calming down.

He touches my cheek," Right?"

I lean forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek," Right. We're unstoppable."

He smiles brightly," Exactly. We'll be okay. We'll meet again, Clarke."

" Until then, I really have to go. I promised to meet my mom and Kane for lunch to talk about college."

Our fingers twirl together, and he frowns," We have to talk about that too."

I kiss him," We were doing so good for a moment." I whine.

He laughs, pulling me into a warm hug," Okay, we'll save it for a talk later."

I smile," You wouldn't happen to want to come to lunch would you?"

" With your parents, er, Mom and stepfather."

I laugh," No, just you and I. My parents can reschedule, but you leave."

He rolls his eyes," It's about an hour away, I'm barely leaving!"

I laugh," Fine, you're not leaving, it's barely long distance, but days will go by that I don't get to see my bestfriend and that's pretty awful if you ask me."

He smiles," I'm your bestfriend?"

I shrug," Yeah...you know me better than I know myself."

He smiles," I love you."

" And I love you." I say with a kiss.

***

FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF