yellow leather

Chapter Twenty-Three:
YELLOW LEATHER

CLARKE'S POV:

After a full week of moving in, getting settled and finally getting our new apartment, we're ready to tackle the stressing task of furniture shopping. So while I was off from class, and Bellamy was off from settling in at work, we're off to the nearest furniture store in the city.

We walked through the electric doors and are met with an air condition blast. Bellamy wraps his arm around me, kissing my head," I'm so happy to be doing this."

I poke his side," I can't wait to decorate our room." I wink, and he blushes, looking around. I laugh," Oh, don't be shy, no one knows us here."

He nods," Let's keep it that way, I like it just you and I."

I roll my eyes," Wait until we find couple friends!" I clapped, checking out a long leather couch.

He shook his head quickly," A yellow leather couch? Really, Clarke?"

I laughed, nodding," Okay, maybe not yellow, but it comes in a blue, green, even a nice red!"

He covered his face," This is stressful already." He sighed, sitting down.

I took a deep breath and sat down next to him," Just think about all the fun we'll have while we break in this new furniture!"

He looks up at me, raising his eyebrows," You're very....." I covered his mouth, and he licked my hand.

I shrieked," You ruined the moment, silly."

He laughed, standing up and pulling me from the couch. He whispers into my ear," Whatever you want, Clarke, we'll get it. Except that waterbed I see over there, that's a definite no."

I laughed, taking his hand and strolling along.

A worker stepped up to us," Hello, can I help you two find anything?"

Bellamy shook is head," Just looking."

" For anything specific?" She smiled, batting her eyelashes at him. He never made eye contact, and I was proud.

I stepped in, feeling a little jealous," We're decorating our new place."

She frowned," That's exciting! There's a sigh right here that explains the deals for this season, let me know if you have any questions!"

" Thank you," Bellamy said, checking out the price on a coffee table.

When she walked away, I groaned," She was clearly checking you out. Did you not notice?"

He turns his head and glares at me," Baby, you're the only thing I pay attention to." He kisses my head, and I smile.

" Good answer," I joke.

" Hey, moving in together is a pretty big step, don't you think?" He asks, softly.

I take his hand once more," Yeah, I would say so, why?"

He puts his hand into his pocket, pulling out my ring, he says," Maybe we should talk about this also?"

" Bellamy, when I gave that back, I never imagined you were coming here with me..."

He nods," I know, and with that, I want it back on your finger. Do you not notice the looks you're getting?"

I laugh," Is this marking your territory?"

He smirks," What would you call what you said to that worker?"

I roll my eyes," She asked, anything specific? So, I answered."

He took my hand and placed the ring back on my finger, he rose my hand and kissed it," Territory marked."

" I don't like that!" I laughed. I pushed him away, clearly joking.

He shrugs," What else is marriage? Huh?"

I gave him a glare and he winked, sharing a smirk.

***

It's SHORT BUT CUTE!

I'm sunburnt to the MAX, wear sunscreen ALWAYS! I wonder if the Ark people wear sunscreen on earth now? Hmm.... Funny thoughts

Enjoy this fluffy chapter, and hopefully see you tomorrow with another update!!! Lanie