over it

Chapter Eight:
OVER IT

CLARKE'S POV-

I haven't slept since I talked to Bellamy last. Since we fought, and since he told me I was the only thing he needs. I'm still confused. And angry. And sad. And hurt. And everything all at once.

I throw on my cutest gray sweater, and blackist skinny jeans, curling my hair and wearing the best smile I can. I head downstairs, seeing a voicemail flicker from the telephone on the counter. I press the listen button as I make myself coffee.

Clarke, how come your school called me yesterday to find out where you were? Kane and I are coming home today, clearly you can't take care of yourself without your parents around-

I stop the machine," Parents?" I laugh in anger.

I finish getting ready, and head out. I finally got my car back late yesterday, from Raven.

Walking into the school, I see Raven talking with some other friends. I walk passed her and she catches up to me," Hey, how was everything with Bellamy?"

I laugh," Let's just say, I'm completely over it."

She nods," Good for you."

We stop at Raven's locker so she can grab some books for first period studyhall. Bellamy walks by, his arm thrown over Lexa's shoulder. I'm over it. I'm over it. I'm over it.

They stop in front of us, and Raven turns, shutting her locker. Lexa pops her gum obnoxiously.

Raven touches Bell's shoulder," Yeah...not today, buddy." She walks off, waiting for me.

Bellamy looks at me," Can we talk?"

Lexa rolls her eyes, and I shake my head," I think I'll pass. I like your shoes, Lex. See you guys later." I step around them, catching up to Raven and walking off.

The next couple days go by just like this, staying friendly with Bellamy but not actually forgiving him, steering clear of Lexa, and spending time with Raven and Finn as they grow closer.

Friday night, we decide to skip the parties and hangout in my basement. Finn finally was able to come over but only since I'm also grounded and my parents are keeping close watch on me. We're eating pizza and popcorn while watching a couple scary movies. I sit on the couch by myself, squeezing and hiding behind a pillow. Raven and Finn cuddle together on the floor, endlessly whispering and laughing to each other. They frequently kiss and end up making out, leaving me with my lonesome self; thirdwheeling.
They claim to not be dating or being exclusive but once Finn joined Mount Weather high just the other day, Raven was beyond pissed and crazy jealous over all the girl's flaunting the new boy.

As I pop the second movie in, my phone starts to ring from my pocket. I pull it out and ignore it, I don't recognize the number, and it's "The State..." calling. Whatever that is. I set it down and continue to start the movie from in front of the blueray box.

My phone buzzes again, and Raven groans," Just pick it up!" She continues to suck Finn's face off.

I turn around, sarcastically responding," Oh I'm sorry, am I bothering you two?" With no response back, I shake my head and answer my cell phone. " Hello? Who is this?"

" Clarke, it's me, please don't hang up, let me explain." Bellamy's sharp voice startles me, and I take a deep breath before responding.

" Who's phone is this?"

" Promise not to call my parents? They can't know about this."

" Bellamy, answer my question." I say sternly, growing worried.