Chapter 46

"Who's not dead, and what is this mark?" Blaze asks, very worried about Iris and a bit unsettled by the look in Ethel's eyes. "Ethan! Ethan's alive!" Ethel said before rushing outside. Steve followed her but not before glancing at Iris and then at Blaze, letting him know that he should stay by her side. "What's happening?" Iris asked with tears running down her face. The mark that was appearing on her skin burned, it was the worst pain she had ever felt. "I don't know, but your parents just rushed out, I think they have an idea of what is going on, but I'm not sure. Isn't there something I can do to help ease your pain?" He said desperate to help her, he couldn't see her in so much pain and do nothing. "Blood might help." She said weakly, the pain was becoming even worse now. Blaze took his nail and sliced his wrist and put it to her mouth. She slowly began to drink, feeling better after each drop. "Thank you. Though you could have gotten some from the fridge you know." She said making him smile. "Wasn't going to leave you all alone." This made her smile too.

Steve followed Ethel who was desperately running outside towards the graves. Both stood shocked as they saw what appeared to be a boy, probably around the same age as Iris standing on top of the grave with his back to them. They approached him to find that he had the same mark on him. "Ethan?" Ethel asked and he turned around. "Mom? Dad?" It was all he said before he passed out and fell, luckily Steve was fast and caught him before he hit the ground. They stood there shocked staring at one another before looking at their son. "Let's get him inside and dressed." Ethel said and Steve nodded picking Ethan up and taking him inside while Ethel followed deep in thought trying to figure out how it was possible.

As the pain that Iris felt subsided she sat up, only to see her father walking past her room carrying a naked boy in his arms as her mother followed him. "What's going on?" Iris asked and immediately got up, almost falling over because she was still a bit weak, luckily Blaze caught her and held her steady. "I don't know but it looked like he also had a mark on him, I know you won't stay here, but let me at least carry you?" He said in a sincere voice along with a playful grin on his face. She gave in and nodded a yes before he picked her up bridal style and began walking with her in his arms towards her parents room. When they got upstairs he put her down again but let her lean on him for support. Iris spoke as soon as her parents turned to face her. "Mom, dad. What's going on? And who is this boy?"

As Steve and Ethel got upstairs Steve put Ethan on the bed while Ethel took out some clothes for him to wear and handed them to Steve. Blaze had placed Iris next to him after he had carried her upstairs. Ethel barely heard her questions, but looked down and took a deep breath in and out before she spoke to get her thoughts sorted. "Iris, he's your brother. Ethan is alive..." Both Iris and Blaze stood in shock, because they had no clue what was going on and because Iris knew that he had died the day they were born. Death couldn't just be undone, it just wasn't that easy and it always came at a price...

Back in the woods Chase was pacing up and down and was in a very annoyed mood. Nothing was going according to the plan, or rather, they weren't going the way he had wanted. "How am I suppose to get things done if you won't stick to the plan!" He yelled at nothing, chasing away the animals that had been nearby. "Be quite! You idiot! I'm you, you are me. We are one so you need only think it or whisper it not yell it so that anyone and everyone can hear!" Said Esach, the demon side of Chase. His brother became a super hybrid and he got to be part demon, a double curse because demons can't be controlled. "Shut up! I don't care! What you did is messing with the plan! You brought him back too early!" Chase whisper-yelled. "Not too early! The price to pay is high, but what it brings is to our advantage. It will bring down your old pack and that of your brother's mate. They will soon all be dead..." Esach laughed and stopped when they heard the crack of branches and dried leaves on the forest floor. Chase immediately began looking in the direction that the sound came from, "Who's there!"