Chapter 29

When they entered the house there was no one inside. The house was empty. Ethel could sense that everyone was hiding in one of the secret rooms below the house. There was also an unfamiliar scent. But before either of them could respond there was movement as someone walked into the hallway. "Ah I see you have finally arrived my dear Ethelene. And this must be your mate, isn't it." Steve was the first to respond. "Who are you, why are you here? And how do you know Ethelene?" The man did not answer immediately, instead he went to sit on one of the chairs by one of the doors. "Not very polite now are we, but then again neither am I. My name is Pierce, I knew your mother and I am here to kill you." Pierce said matter-of-factly as he again stood up. Before he could do anything else Steve had already knocked him out. "So much for being a great hunter." Steve said as he swung Pierce over his shoulder. They now had to lock him up and tell the others that it was now safe to leave.

While Steve had gone upstairs to lock Pierce up in the attic, Ethel had gone to her room and opened the secret entrance to the basement where she had fed on her first day here. Sure enough when she opened it she found everyone hiding down there. "Oh thank goodness it's you Ethel dear." Anne said as she walked up and hugged her. "We were so worried. I had a vision this morning and gathered everyone in here to hide, but where is he? Pierce I mean." She smiled glad that Anne and everyone else was alright. "Steve took him upstairs to the attic prison. He wasn't very hard to beat." As soon as she said that Anne seemed upset. "What's wrong?" Before Anne answered she looked her in the eye. "Pierce is not alone. He has brought guests within him." When she saw the confusion she added "He is harboring demons inside him. Demons that used to be super hybrids..." When Anna had finished speaking Ethel was already out the door and on her way to the attic where Steve and Pierce are.