Chapter 47

"How is this possible? How is he alive?" Iris asks in shock as her mind begins to spin and she feels an old broken link in her soul begin to mend... Blaze looks back at her brother. "The only way for someone to be brought back is with very dark demonic magic or very pure angelic magic and the angels don't believe in bringing any beings back from the dead, and with demonic magic there's always a price to pay." He says as he thinks back to what someone told him shortly after the death of his friends at a time when he had been looking into ways to bring them back.
Ethel looked from Ethan, then to Steve who instantly held her as she leaned into him and closed her eyes. Ethan seemed fine, Steve listened to his heartbeat and it was slow and steady, exactly as expected from someone who was asleep. "I think we should try to figure out who it was who brought him back and why they did it, but at I don't think we should tell him any of this just yet, when he wakes we'll first need to see that he's okay. For now, Iris." Steve paused. "Blaze take Iris to stay with you and your pack for now." Iris was about to protest but didn't when Blaze took her hand in his and lightly squeezed it in reassurance then they both left the room and went downstairs to her room.

"I don't know why we can't stay here..." She said as she packed a few things in a small backpack to take with. "I don't know either but your parents do everything to keep you safe, so trust them." He said as he hugged her from behind and just held her. "Now come on lets go, my mom loves you and would be happy to see you again so soon." He laughed as he took her hand and pulled her along.

"I can't believe he's alive..." Ethel says looking at Steve and then back at their sleeping son as he lay there in bed, peaceful as ever. "I know, come let's leave him to rest. Right now we need to find out how this happened." Steve said as he held his arms around her before kissing her neck and taking her hand. They both knew about the complications related to bring the dead back to life and someone will be paying the price, now just to find out who brought him back and why, it's great being able to have their son, but there may be questionable motives behind this whole matter, so the most important thing now was to let him rest while they tried to figure out who brought him back and for what reason.