Chapter 40

"Is there no other way to save her?" Blaze asked knowing that killing humans is against the law of his pack, they would certainly try to stop them when they tried. Though if this was the only way he would be able to save her then he would do everything in his power to help her, no matter what the costs. "No, I am afraid this is the only way." Ethel said with a sad and quiet tone to her voice. The way she had said it told him that it really was the only way to save her. "Okay..." Blaze said before taking a breath and continuing. "My pack has a law against the killing of humans, but if this is truly the only way for us to save her then I will do everything and anything to save her. Not even my pack will get in the way of me saving her."

It's already been at least and hour now since they had decided to do everything they can to save Iris. Now Ethel, Steve and Blaze were on their way to the nearby town to find a suitable victim. They had just started walking when Lilia came running out. "If you guys are going to save Iris, I want to help. She is after all my friend." Lilia said as she looked them all in the eyes. "Okay, but you know what we are about to do is something that our kind here isn't allowed to do, we will be breaking one of the biggest laws just to save her." Steve said and Ethel continued for him. "We will be killing an innocent human." Everyone was silent, until Lilia spoke. "I will do whatever it takes to save my friend." And with that they all began to walk towards town.

The walk to town was silent, no one knew what to say and no one really wanted to speak any way. What they were about to do was illegal, but it was the only thing that they could do to save Iris. It had to be done. They were now almost near the edge of town, where the woods end, when a pack of wolves stepped out of the woods and in front of them, blocking their way into town. "Blaze." One of them said as he stepped to the front of the pack. "What's wrong. You seem anxious. What are you all about to do?" He said as he could clearly sense the tension and fear on them. "Dad, I mean Alpha Maximus, this is something we must do. We need to save Iris. She will die if we don't. And you will not stand in our way..."