Chapter 14

As soon as Kallen had left and we were sure that he was gone me and Steve broke free of the chains and just as I got out he said "You know I think it would be best if we stay hidden in those caves deep in the woods, you know the one we practiced and trained at. We could stay there for a bit and feed from the animals that live there and if we are lucky enough a vampire might go stumbling through there for us to eat." He paused a moment before continuing "So, what do you say?" but before I could answer him Kallen came in and we had to break through a wall to escape. He had a lot of equipment that can actually harm, including an ancient herb that is very harmful to us, but luckily not deadly unless a hybrid has a deep cut where the herb was applied then it can kill us in a matter of days. Then all of a sudden while we were running there was a blood curdling scream of pain coming from behind them. "Anne! No! " Ethel screamed but before she could run to Anne, Steve grabbed her and had to literally drag her away and into the cave in the woods they had trained at. "We have to go back and see if we can't save her." Ethel demanded and Steve then fought back by saying "No! If any of us go there he will kill us without mercy especially you because he knows it would bring me to him so that he can kill me. I'm sorry, but it's just not save for us to go there" And as he said that he walked to her and hugged her tight and held her close to him, trying to comfort her. "You know she was the only person I've met that knew my mom, and really knew her." "I know, I know."