Chapter 31

When Ethel awoke in the morning Steve had already been gone. She walked through the house and found that he was busy helping Anne clean up the mess from last night. "Morning Ethel." Steve said as he gave her a hug. "Thanks for the help Steve, you and Ethel better go and have something to eat." "Have you had anything to eat yet?" Ethel asked Anne. Anne just nodded and Steve and Ethel walked to the kitchen and had something to eat.

After having eaten something they both went upstairs to the attic where they were keeping Pierce. Now that they had gotten the demon out of him they should be able to get a few answers from him. When they walked into the room they saw him pacing in the room. "Morning Pierce." Ethel said as they closed the door behind them and walked over to him. "Morning Ethel. How were you guys able to get that demon out of me?" Pierce asked with a very confused and interested look on his face. Clearly he had been wondering about that since he woke up. "It wasn't very easy, I myself don't even know how we had gotten it right, but we did and it's now trapped and hidden in a safe place." Steve now said as Ethel began to look Pierce over. He looked different somehow, she didn't know what it was, but he looked almost healthier and something else, something else, but what? "That's good. I can't believe it took so long before someone could help me." Pierce said as he went to sit down at the little table in the corner of the room. "I'm sorry to be rushing you but we need to ask you some questions." Ethel said as she and Steve also went to sit at the table. "When were you first possessed and how did it happen?" Steve said. "It was I believe 14 years ago. I remember it because it was just a few days after I had left my group of friends, we were casters and would play around with some amateur magic. We had promised to never break the group, but they had gotten into some darker magic and so I had left they weren't very happy, so I believe that it was them who casted the possession spell and cast the demon into me." Pierce said with a strange expression on his face. Before anymore questions could be asked Ethel began to feel pain in her stomach. "Steve." She said grabbing his arm in a tight grip, her claws digging into his skin and her eyes glowing pink, she was beginning to shift and she couldn't control it. As soon as Steve realised what was going on he immediately picked her up and carried her downstairs to the hidden room and asked for Ashton to call for Anne. It didn't take long for Anne to get to them, but when she got there Ethel had already shifted and was acting very protective and didn't even want Steve to get closer to her that a few steps.