Chapter 44

"Chase?" Dawn asked as she slowly approached her son. "Why are you here?" Chase asked quietly, making sure no one heard or saw them. "You can't be here son. I may have saved you from being killed, but you are banished and the other's will kill you if they find you in our territory." She said almost pleadingly, she worried about him. "Ha, they can try, but I have a secret, something that they won't even see coming. You can't tell me what to do anymore. You made that decision when you and the pack banished me for something I had no control over!" He screamed at his mother, loosing control for a second before he quickly regained his composure. "What do you mean you had no control?" She asked confused. "Nothing. Goodbye Dawn." He said before walking away.

"Mother, are you alright? We heard yelling. Was it Chase?" Blaze said becoming angered knowing that it was indeed his brother who had been here. "Yes, I'm fine." Dawn said, pausing to think before continuing, deciding whether or not she should tell him. "Blaze, there's something going on. Chase is planning something, something sinister, what, I don't know, but whatever it is, it can't be good. The look in his eyes, it was terrifying, but at the same time there was something else, I think it was fear." Dawn said looking at Iris and Blaze. "Why would he be scared?" Iris said realising that at the time when she saw him he seemed to fear nothing, he didn't seem like the type to fear something. "I don't know, but he told me that he had no control over what happened all those years ago." Dawn said clearly trying to figure out what he had meant. "Mother, I don't think we should allow him to be here, I feel that he's planning something." He finally said remembering the bad feeling he got when he saw him. "Don't worry, I told him that he shouldn't be here. Hopefully he listened to me." Dawn said before she walked away, not waiting for a reply from Iris or Blaze.

After Dawn had left them they had taken a walk through the forest, Blaze had found a place deep in the woods, a place that no one else knew about. He felt that it was time to show her. "Can't you give me a hint as to where we are going?" Iris mock-begged like a small child trying to get him to give in. "Begging won't get you any answers." He laughed as they walked on. "Hmmph, well how far is it that we still need to walk?" She asked finally giving up on what it was. "We're here." He said as he pushed a rock aside to expose a secret cave. "Come on." He gestured when she didn't follow. "How did you find this place?" Iris asked as she looked at all the bright and shining gems along the cave walls that lit up more after Blaze moved the rock in front of the opening again. "I found it a few years back, I was actually just running after a rabbit, some of the little ones in the pack wanted me to get it for them and I chased it into here." He paused to look at the Iris before continuing. "The really amazing thing is through the tunnel, come on." She took his hand and they walked in silence through the tunnel, but soon there were sounds of birds and flowing water. Then she saw it, inside the cave was a miniature ecosystem. It had a river that led to a glorious waterfall, many different types of ferns and lots of colourful birds and butterflies. "It's amazing!" She finally said after taking it all in. "So you like it then." He said with a smile on his face, happy to see the love of his life so excited. "Yes, a lot." She said as she leaned in closer to him. "It's yours if you want it, after all, this is my families land and I found it, I want it to be our special place, a place where the two of us can come for some peace and quiet." He said as they looked into each other's eyes. "Thanks, I love it. It really is an amazing place. I just want to stay and stare at everything, it's all just so beautiful." She said as she hugged him. They were both exhausted from the day they had and soon they were both asleep laying beside the river.