Chapter 42

It had been three days since they had saved Iris. She was now fully healed, but she still felt the pain of the wound as if it were fresh as she stood in front of the house. "Does it still hurt?" Blaze asked as he walked up to Iris and gently hugged her. "Yeah, but not as much as it did yesterday." She said looking up at him. "That's good, at least it is getting better." He smiled and just then Maximus, Blaze's father, came walking out of the forest. "Morning Iris. Blaze your mother wishes to have a small get together. She wants Iris and her family to come join us for dinner so that we can get to know them all a bit better. So what do you say?" Maximus asked now looking at Iris as he asked. "Well sure, that would be great." Iris said as she began to get excited at the idea of the two families having dinner together and getting to know each other. "Great! I will let Dawn know. Will see you all at sundown." Maximus said with a genuine smile on his face before walking back into the forest. "I think he likes you." Blaze said once his father was gone and they began to walk inside. All Iris could do was smile, happy that his father approved of her. They headed upstairs to go tell her parents about dinner and found that no one was upstairs, in fact the whole house was empty. "I think they all went to town, Iris." Blaze said from the kitchen as Iris was walking in. He handed her a note as she sat down by the table. On it read 'BACK SOON, NEEDED A FEW THINGS'. Iris sighed "Well, guess we will have to wait for them to come back." And Blaze nodded in agreement before sitting next to her by the table. "Iris, are you okay?" Blaze asked as he looked at her, she sat almost slumped on the chair and her eyes looked tired and pained. "Yeah, I'm just tired. I need to feed then I'll be fine." She sheepishly smiled before getting up and gesturing for them to go outside and hunt, so he stood up and began to follow her even if he didn't believe that was all she needed.

They had just finished hunting and got back just as the others were getting back from town. "Hey, where were you two?" Ethel asked as she saw Iris and Blaze walk up to them. "Hunting, but I have some good news! Blaze's family has invited us to dinner tonight, they want to get to know us a bit better." Iris excitedly said as they walked up to the house. "That's great! Well we should probably get ready then." Ethel said as she looked from Iris to Steve, clearly just as excited as Iris was. "Yeah, we probably should. Don't think we want to be late." Iris laughed as they all went inside to go get ready.

About an hour later everyone was done and they all met in front of the house. "Everyone ready?" Steve asked as he and Ethel got outside where Iris, Blaze and Lilia were already waiting. "Yeah, we're all ready, the others rather want to stay so I told them we should be back in a few hours or so." Iris smiled as she leaned closer to Blaze. "Well I'll lead the way to my pack" Blaze said as he began to lead the way while he and Iris held hands. Suddenly something flew up to them and landed right beside Ethel, it was their Cora, but she was almost the same size as a horse! "Hey Cora, and wow! You've grown quite a bit haven't you?" Ethel asked as she began to look at Cora. "So I guess she's coming with." Steve laughed as they began to walk again.

It didn't take long for them to reach his pack and they had quite a few members and soon they were greeted by Maximus and another woman. "Hi, I'm Dawn, Blaze's mother." Dawn said as she introduced herself to them all. "Well it's lovely meeting you! I'm Iris, this is my mother Ethel, my father Steve and one of my best friends Lilia." Iris said as she introduced everyone before there was a huff of smoke beside her. "Oh and how could I forget about Cora, sorry girl." Iris laughed. "Nice to meet you all. And where in the world did you manage to get yourself a dragon?" Dawn exclaimed in wonder when she saw Cora. "She was a gift given to me by a friend." Ethel said as she gave Cora a scratch under her chin. "Well you don't see that everyday, but anyway we invited you over to eat dinner with us, not to stand still and talk." Dawn joyfully said before turning around and began walking with the others following towards a small bonfire that had been started in the centre of their small village. They all sat down in a circle around the fire and soon three guys who looked to be triplets walked up to them and handed each of them a plate of meat, but gave Cora an extra large piece which we greedily ate in seconds, making everyone laugh. "Wow looks like someone was hungry." Ethel said still laughing. After they all ate they still talked for hours just getting to know each other and having some fun.

Soon it was almost midnight and they all decided that it was probably time to say goodbye and get some sleep. Iris had stayed behind as she was going to stay the night with Blaze and his family. As she and Blaze were walking towards his room someone walked towards them from the shadows of the woods. "Hello brother..."