Chapter 28

When they awoke the next morning it was to a knock on the bedroom door. "Yes. You can come in." Ethel said as she and Steve got out of bed. "So sorry to wake you but Elora wants to meet you in the lounge area. She has a gift for each of you and she would like you to take it before you go." a small girl that looked to be in her early teens said as she entered the door. "Okay. Thanks. Tell Elora we'll be there just now." Ethel said and the girl nodded her head and closed the door behind her as she left. Ethel and Steve quickly got ready and headed for the lounge area when they were finished.

"Morning Elora." Ethel said as they walked in. "Morning Ethel. Morning Steve. Please take a seat, I know of your early departure so this will be quick." She said gesturing to the lounge chairs in the corner of the room. "I have called you both here this morning to give each of you a gift before you leave." They were about to protest when Elora held up her hand, showing that they cannot object. "Ethel for you would like to give this dragon egg, I saw how you were looking at the dragons yesterday. So I thought you might like one of your own. This one however can remain small and will hatch in about a day or two." When she finished speaking a boy came into the room carrying a beautiful deep blue egg. It was about the size of a football but a bit bigger. "Thank you so much. I don't know what to say, but thank you so much. I will take good care of it." Ethel said as the boy handed her the egg. "Steve for you I give this amulet. It will let you call upon ghosts and summon the elements and they will help you when you need it." As Elora stood up she handed him a small amulet on a chain that had a pale white gem inside a crest. "Thank you so much." They both hugged Elora and said their goodbyes before going to the room and transporting back to the boarding house. But something wasn't right, they could both sense it as soon as they were at the front door.