Chapter 22

Aries                                                        and Leo

The door finally opened to reveal a very unhappy Aquarius. He struggling to walk and his right arm was tied in a sling. He looked up at Aries and nodded a small hello before turning into the lounge room and crashing on the couch with a loud groan. "Damage report?" Libra called out from the dining room. "Back injury's, shoulder sprain and a broken wrist from the fall" Aquarius yelled back. Aries walked into the lounge room and sat next to Aquarius so she could take his temperature. Aquarius frowned when she put her hand on his forehead and opened his mouth to ask a question but Aries interrupted him. "Don't ask stupid questions or I will break your other wrist" she threatened and he quickly shut his mouth. She looked down at Aquarius and studied his face for the first time, his black eyes with red around the pupil stared up at her . She brushed some of his black hair of his face and looked harder at his face, she had never noticed all of his freckles were heart shaped or that his lips were naturally red instead of pink. She started stroking Aquarius's cheek as she inspected all his tiny freckles and even traced her fingers across his lips. Aries had never noticed just how good looking Aquarius was, although she would never say to his face that she thought he looked handsome. "Hey foods rea- sorry I'll go" Sagittarius started but mumbled the last part and immediately left the room. Aries realized she had been staring at Aquarius's face without saying anything for about two minutes and she immediately got off the couch and ran out of the room, leaving a very confused Aquarius. 

Aries lay on her bed motionless as she tried to block the memories of Aquarius's face from her mind. She hated Aquarius. He was a stuck up prick who needed to be knocked off his high horse, but he was extremely good looking. Loud taking came from downstairs and then some laughing. Cetus walked into the room and stood in front of her mirror as she applied some more lipstick. "What's with the noise?" Aries sighed without moving to look at Cetus. "King of Hearts is here to see Aquarius, oh and he asked for you by the way" Cetus replied. Aries  asked "Which one asked for me?" and sat up on her bed to face Cetus. Cetus turned to her almost annoyed and answered "Your boyfriend obviously, why would the King need you?" while she applied more eyeshadow. "Why does Aquarius need me? Oh no he probably has questions about earlier" Aries realized and hid her face in her hands. Cetus turned to her very unimpressed and raised her eyebrow. "I may have stared at Aquarius without saying anything for ages and he's probably really confused" Aries mumbled. Cetus nodded and said teasingly "That must be why he was so flushed earlier, he was blushing." Aries looked up at her in confusion but Cetus didn't say anything more. 

Aries got off the bed and walked out of her room to go see what Aquarius wanted. If he had questions Aries could just say she spaced out and didn't notice she was looking at him, but that would explain why she was stroking his cheek and touching his lips. She took a deep breath and walked into the lounge room where Aquarius was. He was talking to his father and patting a purple cat in his lap. He noticed Aries and nodded for her to come over, Winston took that as his sign to take a bathroom break. "You dropped this when you ran out earlier" Aquarius said as he pulled out a small pocket watch and gave it back to Aries. Aries gasped when she took the pocket watch and she pulled it close to her heart. The small pocket watch was a present from Pleiades when she was five. She used to carry it everywhere but stopped when she was fourteen, until she moved into the zodiac house and wanted something from every member of her family for support. "Thanks Aquarius, I didn't realize I lost it" she said as she smiled at him. "Yeah okay, what is it?" Aquarius asked curiously. Aries sat on the couch and showed him the small pocket watch. "My brother gave it to me years ago" she said as she opened the back of the watch and showed him cogs. He took the watch from her and started turned it over in his hand and began to study it. Aries began looking his face again. He only had one dimple on the left cheek and he had a big heart shaped freckle next to his eye making it look like make-up. His face with lit up with curiosity as he looked at the pocket watch, instead of looking scary like normal he looked cute.