Chapter 24. First day Back

Sam's POV

I woke up to the sound of Lin's voice. I reluctantly opened my eyes. "Get up! It is a new semester and you are not missing the first day!" Lin shouted in song while opening my blinds. This was a reference and I am determined to find out from what. I groaned as he pulled the covers off of me. "You have to leave in like twenty minutes. Get up," Lin laughed and left my room.

I dragged myself out of the warmth of my bed and groaned. My chest has been starting to hurt a lot more even without my binder; mainly my ribs.

I grabbed my clothes from my closet and started to change. When I put on my binder there was this sharp pain that I couldn't bear. I let out a small scream. I instantly took it off. I think it's time for a few days without it. What if they see? This is for your health Sam. I put on a sports bra that I had hidden in a backpack at the bottom of my closet. I immediately felt so much better. This is one of the many times where I am so glad to have smaller boobs.

I then threw on a tee shirt, a hoodie, and a flannel overtop. Layering is the key here.

I went into the bathroom and after I did my hygiene, I took a long look at myself in the mirror. You don't look flat at all. You are giving yourself away. It's for your health Sam.

I sighed and left the bathroom; walking into the kitchen. I grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl and started for the door. I couldn't have anyone see me. "Have a good day kid," Lin said as I left. I turned around and gave him a little smile. "Text me if you need anything. And remember theater after school," he said, reminding me. "Okay, I'll see you later," I said and left, starting my journey to school.

✨✨✨

I walked into my school and pulled out my new schedule. I really hadn't looked at it yet.

Period 1 English 2 B
Period 2 Concert Band B
Period 3 Jr. Jazz Ensemble B
Period 4 APUSH B
Activities
Period 5 Geometry B
Period 6 Weight Training B
Period 7 Concert Choir
Period 8 Biology B
Period 9 Theater Production

My jaw dropped when I saw Concert Choir and Theater Production on it. I didn't sign up for these classes and I'll be late to class if I change them now.

I sighed and walked to my locker. I guess they put me in whatever since I didn't sign up for classes. I threw my bag in my locker and started for my class.

I suddenly feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket and see a text from Aniyah. It was a photo of her schedule, it was almost identical to mine. Except for Weight Training and Bio. I smiled that we would have classes together.

Goddess💕- I'm in my first hour now, I have no clue where anything else is...

Sam💙- our schedules are basically identical. I'll show u around

I turned off my phone and continued to English.

Once I got there I greeted my teacher with a warm smile. She flashed her smile back. I looked around the room and saw Aniyah sitting at one of the back tables. I smiled instantly when I saw her.

I went over to the table and sat down right next to her. "Hi," I softly said. "Hi," she responded with a goofy grin on her face. "Why are we like this," I laugh and ask. She just shrugged her shoulders and laughed. I pulled out my phone and plugged my headphones in handing her the left side of the cord. She happily accepted.

I turned on my playlist and the first song that came on was Rump Shaker by Wreckx-N-Effect. Not something that I had expected at eight in the morning. Aniyah smiled and started to dance in her chair. I laughed a little bit and slightly danced with her.