Chapter 8. EduHam

Lin's POV

It's been almost a week since Vanessa and I started the legal process of becoming foster parents, and let me tell you, it's not fun. We had to do an orientation and fill out an application. We are still waiting to hear back from the man who is doing our home study. We are in the process right now to get copies of important documents, like birth certificates, tax returns, medical records, etcétera. That has been so fun... not. It will all be worth it though.

Today is Wednesday September second which means today is our first EduHam. We have a bunch of different schools coming today and I couldn't be more excited. I can't wait to see what these kids do for talent.

I suddenly heard my wife's footsteps come from the hallway. I looked over and saw two gorgeous humans. "There they are!" I got up from my spot on the couch and walked into the kitchen greeting my wife and kid before she goes to work and he gets babysat.

"Good morning." I say to Vanessa and give her a quick peck on the lips. "First EduHam you excited?" She asks, setting Sebastian down in his high chair. "So excited." I was genuinely excited to perform for these kids and also to see what they deliver.

"Hey, won't you see Sam today?" My wife, who was now pouring her coffee, asked me. I sat there for a second realizing what she just had said. I totally forgot that Hunter is one of the schools coming. "Yeah, I guess I will."

For the rest of the morning I had Sam on my brain. Would I see him? What do I say when I do? Should I bring him backstage? All of these thoughts ran non-stop through my head. I wonder what he is thinking?

Sam's POV

I woke up to my phone alarm blaring in my ear. I groaned and got out of bed. I have been here for less than a week and let me tell you... it is hell. They treat me like Cinderella. Tyler is the golden child in the Clark's eyes, but in reality he is a total monster. He hurts me. I have bruises all over my body and some on my face which have been the hardest to cover. I had to go down to the drug store and get concealer and color corrector to hide them.

I walked down to the kitchen to start making breakfast. I pulled out eggs from the fridge and bread from the cabinet, and started making both.

Ten minutes later the food is done and none of them are even awake yet. Oh well. I need to get to school anyways. I go back to my room and get ready for the day. I had to make sure my outfit was somewhat decent since we are going to Hamilton today. I was so nervous, seeing Hamilton meant seeing Daveed and Lin. I didn't know if I was ready to see them again.

I put on my favorite pair of black jeans, a white long sleeve collar shirt, and a navy blue Nike crewneck sweatshirt over top, with the collar of the white shirt nicely over the sweatshirt.

I added some rings and a chain, then I fluffed my hair so it looked half decent. Having a dad from PR and a mom that is American but Italian descendant means I have a good head of hair. But that also means it's a bitch to take care of.

I digress. I walked back out of my bedroom and straight out of the door. I wasn't allowed to eat very much so I just didn't, not that I cared that much anyways.

The good thing about my new house is that it is only a fifteen minute walk from my school, so I don't have to take the subway.

I knew today was going to be a lot but nothing would have prepared me for when I walked into school. I went straight to my second hour instead of my first hour since we were going on a field trip, and once again I was the first one there. It's kind of nice getting here early.

Mr. Lancaster. walked over to my desk, like he normally does, and sat next to me. We talked about anything and everything. I needed more help on the homework that I had barely done and he kindly helped.