Chapter 20. Christmas Joy

Sam's POV

I was awaken by the sound of crying. I could hear the distant sound coming from Sebastian's room. I rolled out of my bed and tiptoed over to his room. I hope Lin and Vanessa didn't wake up. I opened the door to find the little one standing up in his crib. "Hey homeboy. It's okay. I'm here." I rocked him. "Let's go get agua." I said. He nodded and I carried him down the hallway to the kitchen. I sat him down on the marbled countertop, and pulled out a sippy cup from the cabinet. I filled the green cup with water and gave it to him. He happily took the cup and started to drink it. "All better?" I asked the boy. He nodded happily. "Hey, you have to get to bed. Santa is going to come soon." I told the little one. He was just starting to gain the concept of Santa and it was cute.

He set the cup down showing he was done. I picked up the small boy and went to my room. "How about you sleep with me tonight huh?" I asked him. He nodded vigorously. "Okay." I smiled at him. I laid him down closer to the wall so he couldn't fall off the bed. I then put a pillow in between us for an extra layer of safety. I laid down next. I pulled the Green comforter over both of us. Sebastian kicked his legs a little bit.

He ended up falling asleep first which was good. I couldn't sleep until he did. I needed to make sure he was safe. You kept him safe. Good job. I smiled at his sleeping body. He was so cute, and so peaceful. I closed my sleepy eyes after I made sure like four times that Seb was asleep, and let the sleep take over me.

✨✨✨

I groaned as I felt someone jumping on me. Small laughs filled my room, and then sounds of Christmas music followed. "Wake up! It's Christmas!" I heard Lin yell. I opened my eyes to see Lin standing at the foot of my bed, and Seb sat back down, now back to cuddling into my side. Lin immediately took out his phone and snapped the pic. I moved my head to the side so you couldn't see my face in the photo. "You guys are so cute." He smiled.

"Really though, it's Christmas, get up." He laughed and left the room. I pulled the covers off of me and left the room. "Come on buddy, we have to get up." I said to Sebastian.

I pushed my long legs over the side of the bed, letting them dangle a second before pushing myself out of bed.

I grabbed Sebastian and let him leave the room before closing my door again. Since Lin absolutely wanted to wear matching Christmas pajamas, I was already wearing them from the night before.

I threw on my binder, brushed my teeth and hair, then walked out to the living room to join everyone.

"What took you so long?" Lin asked, laughing. He knows. No he doesn't. "I had to get pretty." I joked, and sat down at the kitchen counter.

"Did Seb come into your room last night?" Lin asked, taking a bite of a cinnamon roll. "No, he was crying last night and after I got him some water, I just took him to my room." I explained. "Well, it was very cute to see you too this morning." He smiled.

I grabbed one of the warm cinnamon rolls and took a bite without a question on my mind. "Look, it's a cinnamon roll eating a cinnamon roll." Vanessa gushed. I looked at her confused. She just laughed.

I pulled out my phone and clicked on the little blue bird app. The first thing that popped up was a picture of Seb and I cuddling this morning.

@Lin_Maunel
G'morning
Merry Christmas from the Miranda house. Woke up to see these two cuddled up in bed. Make today a good day. I know I will.

It was very cute. I took a screenshot of the picture. I then took a look at the comments.

@hamforlove So cute!!!! But who is the other kid?

@merliza4lf - Aweee. Christmas Snuggles. Who is next to Sebastian??

@Wahingdad- Does Lin have another kid??? Or is that his nephew

@peterloveparker96 responding to @Washingdad- It might be his nephew.

I shut off my phone after that. I know that Lin hasn't said anything publicly, and honestly I want to keep it that way.

I finished my breakfast, then went into the living room and sat down on the couch. The pile of presents under the christmas tree were all wrapped nicely, except for a few. I could tell that Lin most likely wrapped those.

After a little bit everyone gathered in the living room and they were ready to open presents. I can't wait to see what they all got.

Christmas for me has never been something that I enjoyed. I never really got anything either. But this Christmas is different. I don't care if I don't get anything, I am just happy to be surrounded by people that care about me.

Vanessa grabbed the first present that had green wrapping and a big bow, and handed it to Lin, then another. She then grabbed a present with red wrapping and put it near Sebastian. I guess she was sorting them out.

She put one last gift in her pile, and there were still a bunch of presents under the tree. "Sam, these are yours." She said and pointed to the presents under the tree. My eyes lit up. This was a feeling I had never experienced. "What?" I was kind of shocked. They didn't have to get anything for me. "You didn't have to." I said, still in awe. "We know, but you deserve something to open on Christmas. And some of those gifts are from the cast too." Lin smiled. "Thank you." I beamed.

I went over to the gifts and sat down. This was going to be fun.

I grabbed the first box that had snowman wrapping; it also had a sticker that said from Daveed on it. I carefully unwrapped it, and I revealed a few saxophone jazz books. I smiled as I saw them. Some being Disney, or just familiar songs. I have to remember to text Daveed later.

I grabbed the next one and it was from Anthony. I opened the box and it showed a really cool sweater that I had been eyeing at H&M.

After almost all of the presents were unwrapped, and a lot of Hamilton In The Heights merch and music stuff later, there was still one more in my pile that I was specifically told to open last.

I grabbed the small box and gently unwrapped it. There lay a navy blue jewelry box. I pulled open the box and what I saw made my heart flutter. The contents of the box held a small, silver bracelet. The writing was in black with a cursive font, and it said Samuel Miranda on it.

I looked up at both Lin and Vanessa and smiled wider than I ever have before. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. How did I manage to get so lucky? How?

They both came over to me and wrapped me in their embrace. For once, Christmas feels joyful. This was a feeling I could get used to. Christmas had a new word I could use to associate it with. Joy.

Hey cuties. Happy holidays to you all. I just want to say thank you SO MUCH for 1k readers. You guys are amazing. I want to say thank you so much to Night_Wing_Fantastic for being here from the start and really helping inspire this whole thing. There are so many of you that I have seen supporting through this whole thing and it doesn't go unnoticed so I thank you for that. Make sure to vote and comment or DM me any suggestions you may have.

I have seen people do this so I thought it would be cool. Comment any questions you have for Sam here. It can be anything.

I love you all so much. -Sam💙