Risks

Rimuru POV

Returning to the Control Room, my eyes widened slightly at the screens that were displaying the situation in Eurazania.

... No way... Milim...

She looked so furious that she had lost all sense of reason, transforming into a strange form I've never seen before and is on a rampage. Her opponent was the bewitching beauty, Velzard, and between them was Kalpas, who was doing all he could to keep the two apart from fighting but it was becoming futile with Milim's fierce attacks.

<He's also bouncing all his damage back to the two with his Ultimate Skill but this situation is...>

"What's going on here?" I asked, leveling a stare at Beni

He got up from his seat to respond, "We were all excited about the defeat of Zelanus, but suddenly we lost contact. I sent Gobta, who had just returned, to scout the area. It was confirmed that Kalpas-dono, Velzard-sama and Milim-sama were in combat."

The battlefield had been completely encased in snowy white ice, devoid of any signs of life. Ranga, who was with Gobta, used <Wind Manipulation> to try to catch any scents but it had all disappeared.

That ice is emitting Arcadia Honkai energy, fending off Velzard's ice prison but that would mean-

"Sakura must have taken drastic measures to protect everyone from Velzard's ice. That's definitely her Ultimate Skill at work." MEI explained to me, "But because of this, even she is now trapped in her own power. We have to get there and free them."

I can't connect with anyone inside the sculptures through my <Soul Corridor>... Even my <Ego> can only protect them this far...? I should have put in more effort...

"Elysia." Kevin called me by that familiar name, "... Those two are still desperately holding on out there. We have no time to care about the small details. It'll be a waste of their effort if we fall into a panic here."

... You really are a mood killer, Kevin.

I regained composure almost immediately before anyone else noticed and turned to give an order, "Summon all of the remaining members of the Dungeon Elite Ten. Call Gobta-chan and the others back as well. It's too dangerous for them to stay there."

"But..." Beni hesitated

"The battle between those three won't be settled so easily. Against a rampaging Milim, there are only so few who can hold our grounds against her." I said, taking a glance at Kevin and Iris

I never thought the enemy would come up with such an insane plan to drive Milim mad...

Beni and the others scrambled to gather the rest of the executives while I sat and watched as the images disappeared, indicating that Gobta and Ranga were on their way back.

"... Are you okay, Elysia?" Aponia asks after we were the only ones left in the room, "I'm sorry. I never thought this would happen. This is the first time my vision has taken the wrong turn."

"It's okay, Aponia. You were doing your best too." I assured her with a smile, "I... It's pretty easy to get angry now. To think... They made use of Milim's kindness for something that twisted..."

Eden walked up to me and held my hand, "... Calm down, Ellie. Knowing Kalpas, he'll be okay."

I let out a heavy sigh, "... I know."

"What about Sakura? And those encased in ice?" MEI asks

Let's see... Fenghuang Down might be able to confirm their life signs but in those states, I would assume their minds are in a sleeping state.