For the World

Third Person POV

Iris observed the states of both worlds and returned her attention to the Cardinal World, establishing communication lines between Lubelius and Sarion as they each gathered in empty meeting rooms. Despite Velgrynd's protests, Masayuki had also decided to join the meeting with Hinata after hearing the news. Once she confirmed that all the major players, other than a few fighting ones, were around, she explained everything from the beginning. They quietly listened to her explanation and some dreaded not having seen the signs earlier.

"I had always suspected that you three were acting oddly but never pinpointed as to why." Mobius sighed in slight regret, "It's stupid, do you know that?"

<Of course, but there was no way we could reject the idea when she had already set her mind to it.>

Mobius gave it a thought before giving in, "... You're not wrong about that either."

<Mm. I'll relay the details of the meeting to Feiyun later as well, just in case. She is... busy at the moment.>

"I'm hesitant when I hear that but let's leave that aside for now." Kevin sighed with a small grumble after settling down, "Sorry for the delay. I had to arrange some things with Elmesia-san. Su is listening in and I have Demon Lord Leon and Zalario with me. Let's start the meeting."

Velgrynd nods and proceeds with the meeting with her real body by Masayuki's side, "The problem with Ivarage, as someone must have said before, is his advance army of cryptids. They are self-regenerating so it may be hard to cut down their strength. Admittedly, their offensive strength is not as great. But this is just my point of view as a True Dragon. For everyone else, other than a few individuals, one attack may become fatal."

Veldora puts a thoughtful hand on his chin, "That means they are as strong as a single Charybdis, right?" 

"Yeah. They will even swarm together like annoying insects and are cunning. There are as many as a few thousand of them, so the world will be put in danger if we leave them be. So we must only gather the strong to go against them." Velgrynd said before continuing, "I called Calgurio and Minits is coming along too. Since we have brought back the Empire's <Split Body> as well, it will be less protected but it is better than letting the world fall apart."

Masayuki nods in agreement, "You are very reliable, Velgrynd-san. I'm just protected but I don't think their attacks can reach me so I think I can manage."

"If I don't do anything, the world would be destroyed. It's no use if I'm the only one who survives. I might as well bet on the possibility of everyone else's survival..." Masayuki's thoughts went as such

"I'll be there with Cosmic Juggernaut too, so leave Masayuki's protection to me!" Pardofelis added, "Besides, depending on his luck is better than nothing. His Ultimate Skill can only bring him so far, but to be this brave to step forward himself despite his weaknesses... I guess Masayuki does deserve the title of 'Hero'."

Kosma stared at Masayuki for a moment before adding, "I will be a bodyguard for the Emperor too if worse comes to worst."

"Are you sure, Kosma?" Griseo asks softly

"Yeah."

Things had always been awkward between Masayuki and Kosma after the Founding Festival but Masayuki was understanding of their past after listening to Rimuru's stories and although it had taken a little longer than Rimuru would have liked, Kosma has finally acknowledged Masayuki as someone deserving of the title of 'Hero'.

"I have brought the best with me, leaving the minimum defense forces in each country." Hinata said, continuing their meeting with a stern expression, "If we can't rely on Rimuru, then we have to do our best. If we don't protect the place she's coming back to then she will definitely complain about it."