Progress and Preparation

"Never again," Ominis hissed as they picked themselves up off the Room of Requirement's floor, where they had all fallen from their brooms in their haste to dismount. "I've said it before, but this time I mean it. I'm never flying again."

"I'm starting to have second thoughts about it myself," Dracaena said, shivering slightly. She'd never come so close to falling from her broom before, and Ominis...

He stalked to the sofa and threw himself down his arms clamped tightly around himself, his face set in a thunderous scowl, shaking like a leaf.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I never thought that'd happen, Ominis. I'd have never let you fall."

He didn't answer, his lip twisting as he glowered.

"We're alright though, right?" Sebastian said, vanishing his copy of Dracaena's broom. "Look on the bright side! We found three markers, and the fourth is only a quick flight away! We could find this cave by tomorrow, and have all of this done with before term even starts!" he darted over and swept Dracaena up in a hug, lifting her from the floor. "We can't give up now!"

Despite herself, Dracaena couldn't help but giggle along with his enthusiasm.

"We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves," she cautioned, chuckling as Sebastian nuzzled the crook of her neck, nipping her skin lightly. "But yes, we're closer than I ever thought we'd be! No wonder Fotheringham found it so easily!"

"Too easily," Ominis muttered, his hands still clamped like a vice to his arms. "Do neither of you think that this is beyond suspect? What if it's a trap?"

"Can't be," Sebastian said. "The Room gives what we need, right? When we asked it the right question, it gave us all Fotheringham's work, everything he researched, everything he did to find the Source! He thinks no one can find it, but I'd bet my balls he either never knew about this Room, or what it could do! He's an arrogant little shit, isn't he, Drac?"

"Damn right," she said, giggling again as he tickled her, wriggling in his grip. "Ominis, I know you had a bit of a fright, but this is good news! We're making progress!"

"A bit of a fright?" he turned to her, his brows rising. "Dracaena, I don't expect you to understand. I imagine for any sighted person that little experience we just had would have been upsetting, but for me? Merlin's arse." He shook his head and got to his feet. "I need a moment alone, if you please."

Dracaena's smile slid away as he stalked for their shared bedroom, his back as rigid as a board.

"Shit," she said. "I didn't even think."

"You're both okay though, right?" Sebastian said, his arms still around her middle. "You're not hurt, just a bit freaked, yeah?"

"A bit," she admitted. "It was pretty scary, but you saved us, Bassy." She twisted and pressed a kiss to his stubbled cheek. "Thank you. I'm just worried about Ominis, he told us before why he hates flying, and we keep making him do it. It's not really fair."

"He'll be okay," Sebastian tightened his grip. "You know what he's like, he'll take some time to process it then he'll be back to his normal grumpy self."

She chuckled. "He's not grumpy," she said, swaying slightly as Sebastian dropped his head to her shoulder, his hands sliding up and down her sides. He huffed a laugh, and she conceded. "Well... sometimes, but that's just part of his charm. I understand why he's upset, he's right, that must have terrified him."

"Mmhm," Sebastian nipped at her neck again, sighing softly as she raised a hand to wind through his hair. "Lucky you've got me, eh?"

"I already said thank you," she teased, swatting at him lightly. "I guess you're going to want to look for the fourth marker tomorrow?"