A drunken mistake. (part 3)

TW: Mentions of self-harm relapse

Nick's POV:

I quickly answer the call.

"Hello? Tori?"
"Nicholas, what happened last night!?"
"I didn't mean for it to happen, Tori! I just-"
"Nick, I know. I just need you to explain!"
"Is Charlie ok?"
"Nick, explain!"
"I was dragged into a game of truth or dare with Harry and his friends, I didn't want to play but Harry kind of forced me. The bottle landed on me, I picked truth. Harry asked me who I fancied so I said I was dating Charlie, he kept pestering me and asking me who I'd date in the room. I said no-one! After a while, the bottle landed on Violet and she said truth, Harry asked her who she fancied too. I didn't catch on quickly but she was gesturing towards me. Harry purposely spun the bottle slowly so it would land on Violet. She said dare and Harry told her to 'make a move' on her crush. She said ok and told everyone to close their eyes and when she hit the floor twice, everyone could look. And when I went to look at my friend to see if he'd closed his eyes, Violet kissed me and Harry obviously didn't close his eyes and took a photo. As soon as I realised what had happened, I yelled at Harry and Violet. I was so upset when I got home because I didn't want Charlie thinking I'd cheat on him. Because I'd never! EVER! I'm so sorry."

I hope she believes me. Tori's weirdly good at realising what situations are staged or real.

"Nicholas."
"Y-Yeah?"
"One second."

She mutes herself and I just wait.

"Charlie. He's- erm-"
"Tori!? Is he ok!?"
"He's relapsed."

A wave of guilt passes through me.

"Oh my God..."
"Nick, it's ok! He's ok now!"
"Are you sure!?"
"He's fine."
"Can I come over?"
"Please."
"I'll be over in five!"
"Alright."
"Bye!"
"Bye."

I quickly hang up the phone and throw on a pair of joggers and a hoodie.

"Nick, where are you going?" Mum asks as I run around the house, looking for my shoes.
"Charlie's house! He's seen the photo and his sister called me! I'll explain later!"

I put on my shoes and run out of the house, running down to Charlie's house.

~~

Charlie's POV:

Nick's on his way apparently.

I feel bad.
I don't know why.
But I just do.

~~

Not even five minutes after Tori gets off the call, Nick's running upstairs and into my room, hugging me tight around my waist.

"I am so sorry!" He repeats, over and over and over again.
"Nick! Calm down." I yell, holding his head in my hands.
"But-"

Before he can say anything, I pull him into a kiss.

"Nick, you were on loud-speaker. I heard everything and I understand." I say, smiling up at him.

He sighs in relief.

"I love you so much." He laughs, resting his head on mine.

~~

Charlie's POV:

It's 02:37 and we're snuggled up on Nick's bed, watching Iron-Man. I'm like 95% sure Nick's asleep.

I go to pause the movie to get a drink when I feel a hand wrap around my back and over my waist. I can't help but let my face go red.

"Nick, I need a drink."

With his free hand, he points at his side of the bed.

"Wow." I laugh.

He's already got 2 cups of water on his bedside table.

"Please don't go..." He mumbles, half asleep.
"I won't." I snuggle back down and quickly take a drink before putting the cup back.

Nick lies his head on my chest as I play with his hair.

"I really love you." He whispers into my shirt.
"I really love you too."

I kiss his head and Nick speaks once more.

"I'll never leave you, Char. I promise..." Nick whispers.

And we fall asleep in each other's arms.

At home.

Together.

Forever.