044

"DRINK!" Jisoo cheered as Rosé downed a glass of beer, laughing as the other girls could do no more than shrug

"You know for a noble, this is a pretty small party for a bridal shower. Usually the entire household would be decorated to the top for the day." Lisa nudged Jennie who was watching the schematics with a smile on her face.

"For a noble, it's impressive I have over one true friend." Jennie retorted as Lisa paused for a moment before eventually nodding. "True."

"AH!" Rosé squealed as she stared in horror at the beer stained rug at the foot of the table where the drinks were.

Jennie shook her head with a smile as she placed a towel over it temporarily. "Rosie Posie did it again."

"I still can't believe you're getting married before me. I was betrothed first!" Jisoo protested as she laid back down on the couch.

"That's because your fiancé isn't as impatient. Brace!" Jennie told Jisoo before warning Rosé while suddenly running and jumping beside the figure on the chaise, giggling wildly while snuggling into the girl.

"I prefer the word determined." Lisa noted as she pouted at Jisoo who moved away from her cuddles.

"I say that's a good thing. He is the Emperor after all." Rosé claimed as she hugged Jennie tighter.

"Okay, okay, back to the games," Jisoo said, sitting up with a renewed sparkle in her eyes. "What's next on the agenda? We can't let Jennie get too comfortable in her bride status. We have to make sure she can handle the chaos of married life."

With an exaggerated sigh, Rosé leaned her head back. "I can't wait to see your wedding Jen! I'm sure it'll involve a lot of dramatic entrances and fancy shoes—right, Jisoo?"

"Oh, please don't give her any ideas," Jennie laughed, albeit with a hint of genuine concern. "The last thing we need is her lying to my fiancée about my false wishes and turning our wedding into some kind of spectacle!"

"Can't blame a girl for dreaming," Jisoo winked before adding, "Besides, you're marrying the Emperor. You'd better get used to the spotlight."

"Can you believe Jennie is getting married in three weeks?" Lisa said, flopping back against the couch with a dramatic sigh. "I still haven't processed it. Like, it feels surreal that you'll be the Empress soon."

"And we're back." Jennie sighed as Rosé grinned.

Rosé chuckled, raising her glass. "Well, if you ever need tips on how to handle a palace kitchen, I can give you a lesson. I'll warn you, though, it's more chaotic than you think!"

"Knowing you, it'll probably involve an explosion or something," Lisa teased, leaning back and crossing her arms with a grin. "Remember last time you tried to bake? Like an hour ago? I'm already having nightmares about the flour cloud!"