043

The weekend arrived quickly, and the palace was abuzz with activity

The weekend arrived quickly, and the palace was abuzz with activity. The engagement announcement was scheduled for the evening, and everyone was working tirelessly to make sure that everything was perfect.

The general response from the public was a positive one, yet many were confused upon the sudden nature of the announcement and the reasons behind the Emperor choosing to forego everything within such a short time span.

Additionally, none could understand how the steadfast Duchess had managed to hand-off her duchy in such a short time frame. But most of all, no one could piece together the reason behind the fast paced wedding, going against all traditional timeframes the empire followed for years.

Taehyung and Jennie spent the morning in a series of final preparations. They reviewed the official statement, made last-minute adjustments to the banquet plans, and ensured that their attire was ready.

"You look beautiful." Jennie heard from over her shoulder as she saw Taehyung approach her from behind before wrapping his hands around her.

She smiled as he nuzzled his head into the crook of her shoulder. "You don't look to shabby yourself."

She giggled softly as she felt him press a soft kiss to her neck, the tickling sensation throwing her off yet causing her to lean back further into him.

"I can't believe this is actually happening." She sighed as she glanced in the mirror at their reflection.

She wore a stunning ball gown in royal blue with opulent gold accents. The fitted bodice featured intricate golden embroidery, flowing into a full skirt that sparkled with delicate gold threads. Her off the shoulders sleeves worked wonders at showcasing her unexpectedly famous collarbones while her hair hung free in loose waves.

Taehyung matched her in a regal blue suit with gold embroidery on the lapels and cuffs, paired with a deep blue coat lined in gold satin. A crisp white shirt and gold cravat completed his look. The sight oddly reminded her of the first ball they attended as partners, though it was in a different sense in Chizar.

"I can. I've been waiting for this nearly as much as I've been waiting for our wedding." He replied as her hand came to rest over his own, drawing patterns into his skin.

"Eager, huh?" She teased as he nodded shamelessly.

"I miss having you around. You go home everyday and I only see you in the breaks of our meetings, which is close to nothing. This is torture." He sighed as he looked up to meet her gaze in the mirror.

"Besides, it's also impossibly hard to keep my hands off of you when you look this ravishing everyday." He grinned as she blushed a furious red, slapping his hand in warning.

"Stop teasing." She warned as he chuckled, placing another kiss to her cheek.

They took a moment to simply be with each other, drawing strength from their bond before they stepped out to face the public.