Chapter 7

Layla continued running till she out of her neighborhood. She began walking in the dark, but she didn't know where to go considering the fact that she didn't really have friends yet. As she continued to walk a car pulled up behind her following her every move, she began panicking hoping that it wasn't some thug trying to hurt her.

"Get in," Layla turned around to see Zoo's car pulling up with his window open. She really didn't want to get in the car, but she didn't want to get him mad.

"Where you goin at this time of the night," He ask not looking at her.

"No where,"

"So you need a ride hom-"

"NO! Don't take me there," Layla quickly said putting her hand on Zoo's arm. He looked at her weirdlyx but nodded. "Anywhere but there."

Zoo was planning on hanging out with the boys again. He wasn't boutta change his plans for nobody. He drove to Jeremiah's house, then parked the car. Both of them got out rhe car, heading into the house. Zoo opened the door, going in and basically slamming it in Layla's face again. She was annoyed with his lack of manners, but she didn't address it. Layla walked to see a bunch of guys playing video games, dealing, smoking and drinking. She has never been in that type of environment, but it was a hell of a lot better than being at her Aunt's house. .

Zoo sat on the couch, lighting a blunt up and smoking it. He didn't care what Layla thought about his lifestyld, but he couldn't stop thinkin bout what had happened in the car. In fact, he noticed that the entire day she was acting strangex but he just brushed it off.

Around midnight, Layla asked to go home cause she knew that by then the sugar daddy was either asleep or gone. But when she walked to the porch, shit was heated.

"Where the fuck were you?!" Aunt Tasha asked waiting at the door.

"I took a walk-"

"No the fuck you didn't.. You were with that boy, huh? You was fuckin huh?" Aunt Tasha asked waving her cigarette around. "Couldn't get none from my boo, so you went to fuck that little nigga? Dirty just like your mother."

Turns out Tanisha had snitched on her cousin. Tanisha had been told by her boyfriend, Dice,that Zoo & Layla were together at the party. Tanisha lowjey liked Zoo for the longestx but he always saw her as a sister or pushed her away. He never accepted anyonex and Tanisha was jealous of how much time he spent with Layla, even if it was just for tutoring. She didn't like the attention her cousin from Zoo. In fact, one of the reason she was dating Dice was to spend more time with Zoo. She wanted Layla to get in trouble, by Aunt Tasha so that Layla and Zoo wouldn't spend time together, but it had just made their connection stronger.

Zoo had overheard the entire argument that Layla and her aunt had. Even though he didn't know it he was feeling empathy for Layla. He didn't do anything, but watch. When he seen Layla crying, he really felt sorry, but all he did was drive off.

For the next few days, Layla hadn't bothered leaving her room. She didn't eat or go to school. She only left the room to use the bathroom, but that's about it. Asha felt bad for Laylax she knew that her sister was the one that set her up, but chose not to say anything.

"Zoo can I talk to you," Asha said sitting next to Zoo before class started. He nodded putting his phone down giving her his full attention. Zoo really respected the twins, especially Asha who he knew first. They were his closest female friends Asha was the first girl to talk to him after he had removed his prosthetic, and he's always found her attractive, but since His bestfriend Monty had a crush on her, he never went smack.

"What's up?"

"Can you go see Layla after school? Just see what's up wit her,"

"Why?" Zoo said scrunching up his face.

"Boy don't act like you dont like h-"

"I don't, all y'all trippin,"

"You can fool themx but not me, we best friends. You ain't neva looked at no girl like you look at her, you ain't neva bring any home. Last girl you did that with was Bree freshman year,"

Bree was Zoo's ex-girlfriend. He really liked her, but she switched up on him, acting shady, even setting him up. Getting his own friends to rob him, and beat him. She used Zoo to get his money, then moved with her family. Ever since then he hasn't trusted any female at all.

Zoo sighed not saying anything. He just looked down at his phone, In silence.

"All you gotta do is see how she doin then you can leave. Do it for me, pleaseee" Asha smiled showing her dimple.

He nodded looking away, then she got up going back to her seat chatting with her classmates. During lunch Zoo didn't feel like being in school, so he left without telling anyone. He got in his car, and driving over to the twins house. He sat outside for a few minutes, he really didn't want to do it, but since Asha had asked he did it. He slowly walked over to the porch ringing the doorbell.

Layla was woke up from her nap, walking down stairs. She opened the door to see Zoo standing there.

"The twins aren't here," she said.

Fetty looked down at her scratching the back of his head. What Layla hadn't realized was that she was just in a sports bra and basketball shorts. Zoo admired her body, from the top to bottom. He hadn't seen someone that good looking in a while.

"I'm not here for them. I wanted to know what's up since you haven't been in school," He mumbled.

"But weren't you the one that said you didn't like me and we weren't friends," She asked crossing her arms.

"Yeah... To be honest your cousin told me to take you out the house, so that's what I'm doin. If you don't want me to, I'll step,"

"Fine. Lemme go get dressed,"

TO BE CONTINUED
*************
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh