Chapter 23

The next week, Zoo, Dice and Monty were back in town and all of Paterson was lit. People were rushing to Zoo, Dice and Monty's house to try to see them, but of course is all out of love. Everywhere in Paterson, their music was being played. But the boys really didn't act differently, they greeted everyone that they always messed with, going to shops visiting owners that they knew.

But the first thing they did was visit their families. Zoo went to see his brother, sisters and mother,soon as he reached Paterson. Monty went to visit his brother, Asha and Melo. And Dice went to visit his parents and cousin.

"What's up, ma?" Zoo asked admiring his mother.

"I don't know Mr. Superstar," She laughed. "How you been?"

Zoo chuckled, "I been good, so have you." He said pointing to all the new furniture.

"Of course, my baby doin a good," She smiled up at her son hugging him again.

"Where's Myles? And Angely?" Zoo asked.

"Angely went to Layla's, and Layla's teaching Myles how to drive," Zoo's mother said looking at her now saddened son. "Lena should be here either tonight or tomorrow."

"Oh, okay... How she been? Layla," Zoo said looking out the window.

"She's alright, she takes good care of Aydin....If you wonderin she's not dating anyone," His mother said patting his shoulder.

"I wasn't wonderin," He laughed getting up from the seat. He made his way toward the bathroom. "I'll be back."

Soon as he stepped out Layla and Myles pulled up. He parked the car handing Layla the keys.

"Aye good job," Layla smiled at Myles.

"I mean, you know I try, La ain't nothin to it," Myles cheese poppin his invisible collar.

"Okkkayy Myles, you be doin that with your girls at school," Layla laughed getting out the car.

"La, you know I don't een have to try, they be all on mee," He smiled going up the steps.

"Wow okay, Imma let you do you then," Layla said cracking up.

Myles unlocked the door going into the house,

"Hey ma," He smiled greeting his mom then bitting into an apple.

"How was it?" She asked hugging her son then Layla.

"He did well, he'll be ready to get his license pretty soon," Layla said leaning on the counter.

"Yeah, so y'all needa get that car moneyy ready," Myles smirked heading out the door.

Layla and Ms. Rosetta laughed at his comment.

"Oh shit, what's up bro? I ain't no you were back," Myles said dapping his brother up who had just come out the bathroom.

"I just got here few minutes ago," He responded. They spent a few minutes catching up then Myles had to take a phone call, so Zoo headed downstairs.

"Alright ma, I gotta go do somethin, but I'll be back," Zoo said from the stairs, but when he walked into the kitchen he saw Layla who was already making her way out.

"Layla?" Zoo said looking at Layla.

She turned around facing Zoo, she didn't say anything though. She stared at him, looking at how different he looks. He now had black hair with the ends dyed blond, it was like a temp fade mohawk kind of thing, but it didnt look bad. He was still as tall as before, but the hair made him taller. He now had tattoos around his face, and some more on his arms.