Chapter 31

Layla ended up vomiting most of the night, making her realize that she had experienced these exact feelings before. She went into the bathroom, rummaging for a pregnancy test. She eventually found one and took the test. After waiting she got the results, saying that it was negative.

She sighed then went back to sleep, but the next morning she woke up feeling the exact same, nauseous, tired and lightheaded. In fact, right when she woke up she headed to the bathroom to throw up. She brushed her teeth, then got her phone dialing her doctor's number to make an appointment.

"Mommy, where's daddy? We were supposed to go eat..." Aydin pouted going into Layla's room.

"Mmm I don't know, he should be back," Layla said noticing that her boyfriend wasn't there. "Go get ready for your bath, I'll call him okay."

Aydin nodded slowly walking out the bathroom, and going to his. Layla sighed, dialing Zoo's number, but it went straight to voicemail each time. Layla eventually gave up, but Aydin didn't. He spent all morning waiting for his dad. He refused to eat breakfast because his dad had promised Ihop. But morning was over, shifting to the afternoon, Zoo still hadn't showed up. Aydin ended up falling asleep on the couch, still waiting for his dad.

"Mommy, Daddy's not coming is he?" Aydin said disappointed.

Layla sadly shook her head, watching her son mope around. She made him a sandwich, with grapes on the side. He sat at the table slowly eating. Then headed to sleep, his entire day was wasted waiting on Zoo who didn't bother showing up.

A few days later, Layla went to her appointment. She honestly didnt know what to expect, she didn't even know if she was ready to have another kid. Things weren't going as well enough with Zoo to have another child running around the house.

"How you been Layla? How's Aydin?" Her doctor asked walking into the room.

"Tired," Layla chuckled. "But Aydin's doing well."

"That's good to her," her doctor smiled tying her hair up. "So you said you've been feeling tired, lightheaded and you been throwing up? Anything else?"

"Yeah, I've been feeling heavier and been going to the bathroom a lot. I took a test, but it came out negative."

"Well we'll run some more test, just to make sure alright,"

The doctor took Layla's blood, made her pee in a cup, and ran a few standard tests, which took around 45 minutes to produce results.

The doctor came back in the room smiling, "Well Layla you're four months pregnant, but you're experiencing all the symptoms late. It could be that you simply didn't notice or that you've been stressed so your body's reacting late."

"Is the baby alright?"

"Yeah. I'll prescribe prenatal meds, and I'll see you in about two months, alright,"

Layla was kind of happy that she was pregnant again. Without her little sister in the house, it was getting quite boring and quiet. Layla was so used to having both children, that just having Aydin felt quite different. Layla got her meds, then left the doctor's office. She didn't plan on telling anyone that she was pregnant, not until she was showing.

Soon enough, it was Christmas. No one had heard from Zoo. The night before Layla went Christmas shopping, she bought tons of present for the kids, Ms. Rosetta, Jenni and Asha. That morning Aydin excitedly ran to the Christmas tree, which was filled with presents just for him. He began unwrapping the presents surprised at each of them, after opening all the presents he hugged his mother, handing her the present he had made her. It wasn't much considering the fact that he was only three, but it meant a lot to her.