Chapter 25

As soon as they left, all Aydin and Shayla would talk about was Zoo. Literally, from the time they left Ms. Rosetta's house till the next morning all Layla heard was the kids mentioning Fetty Wap.

A week or so had gone by, and all the kids cared about was going to see Fetty Wap. Eventually, Layla got tired of hearing the name, but luckily Asha decided to throw a little get together at Aunt Tasha's house.

Layla and the kids all got dressed in green cargo pants, a pair of 4s, and a simple tee. They pulled up to Aunt Tasha's house, seeing a few cars parked outside. Aunt Tasha opened the door cheerfully greeting Layla and the kids, which was very strange.

"Everyone's in the back," She even hugged Layla, which is something she never did.

Layla simply walked into the house going out back where, Monty, Dice & Zoo's family were all chilling.

"Lil sis," Monty smiled stepping back from the grill. "Been a while, how you been?"

"What's up Monty?" Layla smiled hugging him. "I been good, you?"

"Good livin the life," He joked looking down at Aydin who was holding onto Layla's hand. "And who are you buddy?"

Aydin just looked at Monty, without saying anything. Aydin was very shy so he gripped onto Laylas hand tightly looking down at his shoes.

"Say hi to Uncle Monty, he's Melo's daddy," Layla said looking down at Aydin.

"Melo's daddy?!" Aydin asked cheerfully, smiling up at Monty. "Hi Uncle Monty, I'm Aydin!"

"Nice to meet you," Monty laughed at Aydin's enthusiam.

Melo ran over to Aydin once he had spotted him, "Hi Auntie La," He said hugging Laylas leg. "Aydin I got a new toy come see!!"

Layla and Monty chuckled watching their kids run off to the other side of the yard. Monty and Layla chatted a little, then Monty had to get back to grillin. Layla went to greet everyone else at the party, then sat at a picnic table on her phone. Zoo sat down next to her, smiling.

"What's up?" Layla asked looking up from her phone.

"Nothin, you looked kinda bored," He laughed.

"So you came to entertain me?" Layla asked raising her eyebrows while chuckling. Zoo nodded, "How you expect to do that?"

"Don't act like I can't entertain you," He smirked then mumbled. "That's why Aydin's here."

Layla laughed realizing he was talking about sex, she shook her head, "Whatever you say."

"Mommy," Aydin said running to Layla. "I'm hurt."

Layla looked at the small cut, getting up to go get a band aid, but Zoo stopped her. He wanted to do it, he wanted to start being a father to Aydin. Aydin held Zoo's hand, walking inside Aunt Tasha's house.

"I like your shoes," Zoo smiled down at his son.

"My mommy got them for me," Aydin said kicking rocks.

"Oh, I have the same ones at home. You like spiderman?" Zoo asked looking for a band aid in the bathroom.

"Yeah!" Aydin cheesed looking up at Zoo. "He's my favorite superhero!!"

"That's cool, you know the movie is coming out in a few days,"

"Yeah, but I can't go," Aydin pouted.