Chapter 19

A few months had gone by since the New York trip. Christmas and New Years had gone by with no sort of major drama. By then Asha was three months pregnant, but no one could tell and neither could she.

Tanisha was still trynna sabotage Zoo & Layla's relationship, but nothing she did was actually working. Layla had other things to worry about, like the fact that Zoo had dropped out of school and was falling into bad habits again.

She'd found out a few weeks after winter break, he wasn't showing up at school, and when she'd ask where he was he'd say he was handling business and he'd be there the next day. Sometimes he'd say he's with his mom, but when she'd call Ms. Maxwell she'd say that she hadn't seen him in weeks. Clearly, he was lying and she didn't want to hear any of his bullshit so she evetually stop calling.

Zoo was busy trapping day n night. Him, Dice and Monty had dropped out of school to continue selling. Not only were they big drug dealers in Paterson, but now it was a majority of Jersey. People came to Jeremiah's house asking for all types of drugs from the finest weed to the finest cocaine. When Zoo wasn't dealing, he went around robbing homes outside the neighborhood for the fun of it, or he was out killing or chasing people who owed him money.

He didn't treat Layla the same either, she'd just become another piece to her. Ever since the trip, he's been cheating on her, and disrespecting her. He'd call her over to Monty's house asking to chill, and when she did all he wanted to do was fuck. Whenever she said no he'd call her out of her name calling her a "hoe", a "slut", a "bitch". Every disrespectful name he could think of was being used on her. Of course every single time he was drunk, but that was no reason to mistreat her. Especially since she didn't do anything, but be loyal and respectful to him.

She'd often go home upset or crying. She didn't have anyone to talk to about it all, so she just cried herself to sleep or sometimes cry over the phone talking to her bestfriend & coworker, Jenni. Even though, he wasn't treating him well, she'd always go back to him cause she thought he would change, but in fact she was wrong. Like Asha, Layla found out that she was impregnated by Zoo.

The day she found out, she had locked herself in her room, crying hysterically. She didn't believe in abortion, but her aunt had always said not to get pregnant while they were under her roof. Tanisha's nosy self, had snooped around the bathroom finding the test in the trash. And because she wanted to ruin Layla's life, she snitched to Aunt Tasha which got Layla kicked out.

So now Layla was living with Jenni, who had her own apartment a few minutes outside of Paterson.

"I don't know why you keep going back to him after he treats you so badly," Jenni frowned watching Layla put on her jacket.

Layla sighed not saying anything, "I'll be back in an hour or two."

Layla left out the apartment, taking the bus to Monty's house. But when she got there, the atmosphere didn't feel right. When she walked into the house, she saw Dre holding a gun at his friends.

"Y'all thought you can run Jersey, but nah," Dre said moving the gun around.

"Dre man chill we'll give you the drugs just don't shoot," Dice said with his hands in the air.

Layla walked into the kitchen, opening the drawer where Monty hid his gun. She grabbed it, took it out of safety. Even though she was mad at Zoo, the boys were in danger and Zoo was still the father of her unborn child.

She walked over to the gun holding up the semi automatic. Monty noticed her standing and glanced at her. She shot two shots in Dre's back watching as he fell over. Layla dropped the gun looking at the boys who sighed out of relief. Without saying anything, she stepped out the house. Zoo quickly followed behind her.

She looked at him, "Don't come over here trying to thank me or apologize or whatever you always do to get me back. Got me out here killing people, you ain't shit Zoo." Layla began tearing up as she yelled at Zoo. But Zoo was actually kind of hurt, he didn't realize that not only was he putting himself in danger, but also the people he associated with.

"I should've let Dre kill you," Layla growled stepping off the porch and driving off in Jenni's car.

When Layla got home it had really hit her that she just took another humans. life. She couldn't believe that she had acually done such a thing. She kept replaying the scene in her head. And what was worse was that this memory would stay with her forever, since it occurred the day before her 17th birthday.

The next morning, Layla got dressed heading to Ms. Rosetta house, she figured she was the only one who could help through the pregnancy.

"Hey baby, it's been awhile," Zoo's mother greeted Layla. "How you been?"

"Not so well," Layla sighed. "I actually came to talk to you bout somethin."

"Go ahead," Zoo's mother said looking concerned.

Layla sighed looking at his mother, "I'm pregnant.."

They both stared at each other, Layla looked down at her lap. Zoo's mother placed her hand over hers, "Does he know?"

Layla shook her head, "No. He's been treating me like trash. All those months together meant nothing to him."

"It's okay sweety," Zoo's mother said holding Layla's hands while she was crying. "You'll tell him when you're ready. Till then I gotchu, I'll be there every step of the way."

***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh