Chapter 6

After school, Layla stood near Zoo's car waiting for him, but of course he was always late. Just when Layla was getting ready to leave, Zoo came out the school with his boys walking over to his car.

"Aight Imma see y'all later," He said dapping his friends up.

"Have fun!" Asha smirked.

"Yeahh bye Mrs. Maxwell," Dre & Dice yelled laughing.

Zoo glared at them, "Fuck y'all."

He unlocked the doors and we both got in the car. He plugged his phone to the aux cord, then turned the engine on backing out the parking lot. The car ride was awkward and quiet again. Several minutes later, he turned into the mall's parking lot and parked his car.

"I gotta get somethin, you can come if you want..." He said grabbing his phone then getting out the car.

It was hot as hell in the car so I decided to go in. He walked through the mall, getting greeted by some people, while I awkwardly followed. He went to Footlocker to pick up some shoes then Target to get his mothers' medicine.

"Are you two together?" The old lady ringing us up asked.

"No!" We both answered quickly.

"Ooh, you two would be cute together. Anyways the total is $10.96,"

Zoo took out a twenty dollar bill, handed it to her then walked away grabbing his bag. I followed behind him walking out the mall and back to his car. After a few more minutes, we were at his home.

He unlocked the door, and we both walked in. I closed the door behind me, following him up the stairs. His room was like the size of my room, except with two twin beds and a desk separating them.

Zoo sat on the bed as Layla stood over him watching as he worked on the problems. But Zoo really wasn't focused, in fact he kept glancing out the window. Before Layla could adderess it, Zoo quickly got up.

"I'll be back," He dropped his pencil opening his drawer.

Zoo walked out the room, running down the stairs openeing the door. A man walked by and he sold him some drugs. But the man was trynna hustle him, till he pulled out a gun on him. What Zoo didn't know was that Layla had watched the entire event from her window and she was scared shitless. Zoo came back in the house, going to the bathroom to change into some shorts and a shirt. Then sat back down at the chair. He took out his pencil and they began working again like nothing had just happened.

Layla awkwardly sat on the bed not saying anything. Soon enough it had been, 5 o'clock and Layla really wanted to leave.

"I gotta go," Layla said placing her binder in her bag then getting up from the bed.

"Alright, lemme put some shoes on so I can drop you off," Zoo said getting up.

"No no it's fine, I can walk it's not dark yet," Layla responded quickly.

Zoo looked at her funny, but honestly he didn't care. The sooner she left, the sooner he could go to Jerminahs house. But when Zoo and Layla went downstairs his mother was in the process of making dinner. So Layla eas forced to stay for dinner, since she didn't want to be rude. She sat at the table with Zoo's siblings and mother, eating his mom's wonderfully cooked meal.

The worst part was that by the time they'd finished eating dinner it was dark out. Zoo offered a ride, but Layla denied it. He shrugged going to the living room to watch tv, but his mother had insisted on a ride. Layla had to sit through another 10 minutes of being with Zoo, the thug. Once she got home, she quickly said thanks running into the home.

Zoo looked at her weirdly. Then made his way to Jeremiah's house. He dapped up Mont, Dre, and Dice, who were making a sale, then sat down on the couch. Once the customer left, Jeremiah ran down the stairs.

"We gon have to do this earlier than I thought, they plannin on goin out of town,"He said opening the closet packed with guns.

They all nodded grabbing guns and heading to the car. Jeremiah drove to the home, but the men were in their car backing up out the driveway.

"Shit, this gon be harder than I thought," Jeremiah said shaking his head.

The guys continued driving till the car filled with the victims stopped at a gas station. The boys parked their car near a pump, pretending to fill the car with gas. Zoo got out the car, at the exact same time the man they were planning to kill stepped out. Both men walked to the cashier.

"Aye watch where you goin," The man said, after Zoo bumped into him. Zoo smirked, then pulled down his ski maskx shooting the man right at his chest, with no mercy. Blood splattered on him, but he didn't give a fuck.

Soon the boys were having a shoot out at the gas station. Once the boys heard police sirens, they ran into their car, shooting a gas tank, blowing up their targets car. They didn't know if all the men were killed, but they were satisfied with what they had done.

When the police car pulled up behind them, Zoo quickly took off his shirt placing it under the seat, along with his ski mask. The others took off their ski masks, folding them and placing it between the seats. Jeremiah pulled up to the side of the road and waited as the police man got out the car.

"Hello Officer," Jeremiah smiled rolling down the window.

"License and registration please," the lady officer said, flashing the light on all our faces. She read it, then headed back to her car.

"Son just relax, they ain't got nothing on us bruh," Dice said calm Dre down. This was only his second time having a shoot out so his heart was beating and he was panicking.

"Where did you boys come from?" She asked handing back the license.

"Corner store," Jeremiah said pointing at the bag filled with snacks.

Although the guys performed poorly in school, they were street smart. Before the shoot out they had stopped by a corner store to get snacks, so they could have an alibi just in case they were in a situation like the one they were in.

The officer nodded then smiled, "Okay. Well get your headlight fixed, this is a warning." She said handing him a paper.

Jeremiah nodded then pulled off. "Son she was bad till she opened her mouth bruh,"

We all began cracking up and joking, till we made it back to the house. Dre on the other hand was having second thoughts about being with the crew. Guns and violence really wasn't whate he wanted to be.

Meanwhile, Layla was fighting of her Aunt's sugar daddy again. He had come into her room, late as hell trynna get some. But Layla wasn't with that shit, As he began rubbing on her, she quickly got up punching him dead in the face. She grabbed her bag, slipping on her Vans running out the house as quickly and quietly as she could.

***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh