Chapter 34

Everyone stood over the graves watching as both bodies were being placed six feet deep. For several weeks many spent their time crying, nothing was the same in Paterson. Many celebrities reached out to Fetty giving him their condolences due to his loss. Fetty didn't bother going to the studio cause he was so sad, paparazzi along with many fans cut him some slack for his loss. Fans sent him messages concerning his loss, saying that they supported him and would be there for him.

In all honesty no one was going out or working for a while. Several weeks since the accident was spent in Ms. Rosetta's house sharing stories of memories they all had with each other. Losing two people was no joke, they all reminisced their times in high school till present day. From the arguments to the chill moments everything was being shared.

After the funerals, the family went out to eat. Not only did it hit Zoo close to home, but it hurt Asha deeply. She lost her best friend, and that was someone she could never have back. Even though they argued at times, Asha had still lost a huge part of her life and that was heartbreaking.

As they sat around the combined tables for lunch, Aunt Tasha decided to finally announce her illness. She had just found out that at any moment she could pass.

"Can I make a quick announcement," Aunt Tasha said wiping her eyes. Everyone turned facing her. "I wanna start by saying I love you all dearly, but I have some news... Over the years I've been suffering from a lung disease, and I was able to do some of the treatments, but it's too late. The doctor told me that I'd only have a few weeks, and if I'm lucky a few months before I pass."

Asha nearly fell out her seat had Zoo not held onto her. She had just lost her bestfriend, and god child... now her mother. She couldn't believe that her mother had not even told anyone. She began crying at the table, running over to her mom and hugging her tightly. Everyone sat around in tears, a third death would be too much to handle.

.........

Asha sat at the graveyard looking at the three graves. She placed flowers on each of them, trying to hold back tears. A few days after Aunt Tasha's announcement she had a stroke, and ended up passing away. Asha no longer did anything, she cried and slept all day. Melo had to stay with Ms. Rosetta because Asha was too drained to even get out of bed. Asha went to the cemetery at least twice a week. If she wasn't there then she was at home crying.

But eventually things had to go back to the way they were. Monty and Zoo had to go back to the studio and make music in order to care for their kids and expensive lifestyles.

Zoo no longer saw Cheyenne as much as he used to, but he'd check up on her cause she was having his child. Zoo made sure to spend as much time as he could with Aydin whenever he was in Jersey, but he was usually with his grandmother.

Shayla, on the other hand, was still on the search for her older sister. Almost half a year had passed by and Shayla was still searching for her sister, but there was no hope. In fact, Shayla was now living in California with the family that had found her. The family was in fact quite broke, but they took good care of Shayla.

Shayla sat around her "mom" using her laptop, and reading newspapers. Sure was now 8, and with the help of her "siblings" she was on the right track to finding Layla.

"I found something!" The guy cheered seeing Layla's information appear on a website.

"What does it say?!?!" Shayla widely smiled, excited that they might have found her sister.

The teenage boy began reading the article, with his enthusiastic facial expression fading into sadness and sorrow. "Shayla.... your sister died...."

Shayla thought he was messing around like he always did, at least she hoped he was. She reached for the computer, looking at the screen but not being able to identify that many words. She looked at the boy trying to hide her tears, but she couldn't. Her only sister was dead and there was nothing she could do about it. She began crying hysterically, no longer wanting to continue the search.

But the information was wrong, Layla was still alive.... Tanisha wasn't. She was the one who died due to an overdose. Somehow the information was messed up on the computer. Asha was devasted because she lost her family and Layla's unborn daughter; Zoo had lost one of his closest friend & daughter; and Layla had lost a cousin and a child.

Layla had not bothered going to work or even leaving the house. Her job allowed her several months off to deal with the difficulties of encountering three deaths, along with her Shayla situation. She took care of Aydin, but he was usually at Ms. Rosetta's house because like Asha, Layla was too weak to properly take care of her son.

Around July of the following year, Cheyenne gave birth. And things were settling, Layla & Asha have been going to therapy to cope with the incident. Layla & Zoo had also been going to couples counseling after Layla regained memory of the whole incident. Zoo really was trynna make it work, so he was willing to do anything even if it meant spending an hour talking about their issues.

Few weeks had gone by, and it was Aydin's birthday. Layla spent weeks planning for it. The night before Aydin wanted to sleepover Ms. Rosetta's house which was perfectly fine, since Layla needed to start decorating early the next morning. Layla and the partty planner spent all morning decorating the house in red and blue, along with setting up the bounce house in the backyard.

"Bitchhh y'all did that, you gon have to decorate my house for Melo's birthday," Asha weakly smiled hugging her cousin.

"Thanks," Layla smiled back taking Aydin's present out Asha's hands. "You already know I go all out.."

"Girl you could do this for a living party planning and anterior decorating," Asha laughed jokingly. "I'll be your secretary."

"Yeahhh okayy," Layla said sarcastically cracking up.

After a few more final touches the whole place was ready. Monty came by a few minutes with the spiderman cake that his brother's wife made. Around 2, Zoo picked Aydin up from his mother's house bringing em all home to Aydin's party.

"Can we have ice cream?' Aydin asked stepping into the house with Zoo. "I want chocolate... i loveee choco-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY AYDIN!!" Everyone yelled out, including all his friends from school.

Aydin looked around cheesing and jumping up and down. He ran over hugging his mother tightly and giving her plenty of kisses to thank her. He looked around the entire house covered in his favorite colors. Him and his friends, including his best friend Melo ran to the backyard to see that the whole backyards theme was spiderman. They all ran to the large bounce house, taking off their shoes and jumping in.

"The place looks nice," Zoo slightly smiled standing next to Layla who was watching Aydin play. She nodded not really giving him much of her attention.

Even though they were going to counseling Layla was still mad about the whole thing. She wasn't good at expressing her feelings, so she kept everything bottled up.

After a while of playing with his friends, they all came in to eat. Zoo had ordered tons of pizzas so that they could have a selection, for dessert, Layla served the special made cake.

"Thank you mommy and dad," Aydin smiled hugging both his parents tightly. Neither of them had seen him this happy in a while.

Once they were all done eating, he opened his gifts. Zoo had gotten him a new kid sized rarri which he could actually drive around in, as well as a little puppy and Layla bought him two custom pairs of jays. Aydin was always spoiled, so this was nothing new.

While the kids were playing, the doorbell rang so Layla went to answer it. She opened the door smiling, thinking that it was a guest but in fact it wasn't.

"Fuck do you want?" Layla frowned.

Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh