Chapter 20

Even though Layla was pregnant she managed to go to school and work extra shifts at the dinner. Layla went to doctor appointments with Ms. Rosetta and sometimes Jenni.

Occasionally, she'd go to Aunt Tasha's house to see Asha whenever her aunt wasn't home, but other than that it was just school and work.

Ever since the day she shot Drex she never bothered calling Zoo. They hadn't officially broken up, but they weren't on good terms either. She still spoke to Monty, since he was still eith her cousin, but other than those two she didn't associate with anyone much.

June had come by and school was over, Layla was 5 months pregnant and Asha was 7 months pregnant. She had begun showing and gaining weight like crazy, so she had gone to the doctor with Monty.

Layla on the other hand felt all the pregnancy pains. Her hips had gotten wider, her butt and boobs had gotten bigger, but she still looked good. Layla had woken up, slowly waddling around Jenni's home. She had to meet up with Asha, so around noon she showered then got dressed in a maxi dress, sandals and a light cardigan. Layla tied her hair in a high bun, then put her shades on, grabbing her purse and heading out the apartment.

She got into Jenni's car, heading towards 12th & 22nd, where Aunt Tasha's house was. Asha came out the house, getting into the car.

"Hey cuzzo," Asha smiled. "This baby needs to come outtt, makin me all fat."

Layla chuckled, looking at her cousin. Unlike Asha, Layla could still cover up the fact that she was pregnant, so no one knew.

"Where we goin," Layla asked starting the car.

"Monty's house," Asha replied looking up from her phone. Asha really wanted Zoo and Layla back together, so her and Monty, planned to through him an early birthday party, so that Zoo & Layla could see each other again.

A few minutes later, Layla pulled up in front of Zoo's house. They both got out heading into Monty's house. The entire house was packed with people from school, dancing around.

"You ain't tell me he was havin a party," Layla frowned hitting Asha's shoulder.

"Cause I knew you weren't going to come," Asha laughed heading out back where a large group of people were.

Layla sat on one of the chairs, looking around the environment. She saw a group of people smoking and drinking, some were in the pool, others were just kicking it. Then she spotted Zoo getting out the pool. She watched as the water dripped off his body, with the sun shining. She continued watching as he walked over to a girl, kissing her lips and smiling. The girl turned around, and she noticed that it was her own cousin Tanisha.

Layla watched in shock, with wide eyes. Her own cousin was kissing her baby father. Layla was highly upset, she walked over to Asha who was talking to Monty.

"You brought me here to see Tanisha making out with Zoo?" Layla yelled at her cousin. "Fuck you, your sister and Zoo. I'm done with y'all. Pathetic."

Turns out Zoo and Tanisha were now dating. After the day that Layla had killed Dre he went over to Aunt Tasha's house, initially wanting to talk to Asha, but Zoo managed to get seduced by Tanisha. They ended up messing around, which turned into something. Zoo was just fooling around, but Tanisha was in love with Zoo so she thought they were in it forever. Asha and Monty didn't know that Tanisha and Zoo were together, they were too busy dealing with the baby that they weren't aware of what they were doing.

Layla stormed out the party, upset. She quickly drove off, but since Layla's vision had become blurry, she had missed the stop sign, being involved in a critical car accident. She sat in the car, unconscious waiting for the police to come over.

Asha had walked over to Tanisha & Zoo crossing her arms, "How could you do that to Layla?!"

"Fuck Layla, you know damn well he was mines first," Tanisha spat back.

Zoo just looked at her not saying anything. He didn't care, he got pussy and money, he could give two fucks if they were related. Zoo was very inconsiderate, he thought that since Layla had stopped calling she didn't care about him. He wasn't able to properly deal with breakups.

Few hours after the chaotic scene, Zoo got a call from his mother. Like always, Zoo ignored the first two calls then finally answered.

"Get your selfish ass to the hospital. Layla got into a car accident, and you over there too busy turning up instead of being here. Thought I raised you better than that," Zoo's mother hung up, not letting him get a word in.

It took Zoo a few minutes to realize what his mother had said. Suddenly the past few months replayed in his head, and he realized how poorly he's been treating her. She hasn't done anything to him, except love and support him. But Zoo was too busy getting pussy from other woman that he forgot about how loyal his actual girlfriend was.

"Who was it?" Tanisha asked rubbing up on Zoo.

"Get the fuck off me," He said pushing her away and grabbing his towel. Once he dried himself, he walked over to Asha. "We gotta go, she's in the hospital."

Asha was shocked, she didn't know what to do, she jolted up from the chair and followed behind Zoo. Monty started kicking people out the house, trynna end the party.

By the time they got there, Jenni and Zoo's mother was there. Zoo sat next to his mother asking her what happened, but she was too sad to say anything. Ms. Rosetta wanted Layla and the baby to be okay, but of course she couldn't tell Zoo about the child.

Several hours later, around midnight, they were finally given some news.

"At this point we don't know if she's gonna make, we did all we could,"

TO BE CONTINUED
***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh