Chapter 27

Layla had spent the day with Aydin. Around 3, she left her apartment to drop him off at his grandmother's house.

"Hey Grandma," Aydin smiled at his grandmother giving her a hug.

"Hey baby, how you doing?" She smiled picking him up.

"Good," He replied. She placed him on the floor, closing the front door. Aydin ran into the living room to play with Shayla, Myles and Angely.

Layla and Ms. Rosetta went to the kitchen like they usually did. Layla sat at the table, while Ms. Rosetta brewed two cups of coffee.

"You haven't been here in a while, how's everything going?" Ms. Rosetta asked smirking at Layla.

"Been busy, with work, Aydin-"

"And my son," Ms. Rosetta smiled pouring the coffee into the cups.

"Whattt?" Layla said trying to hide her smile. "No-"

"Don't lie sweety. You came here smilin and glowin," Ms. Rosetta smiled at Layla. "And don't think i don't know about all your little dates."

"They're not dates," Layla laughed.

"Hmm if you say so,"

"Hey La, can I borrow your car?" Myles asked barging into the kitchen.

"Why?" His mother asked.

"I'm trynna go, ehh get some shoes," Myles said scratching his head.

Layla and Ms. Rosetta looked at each other, "Go get dressed, I'll go with you."

Myles nodded running back upstairs to get dressed. Ms. Rosetta sighed watching her son walk out the kitchen.

"What's wrong?"

"I think he followin in Willie's foot steps, the smoking, the gangs, all of that. He's barely ever home, and when he is all he does is sleep. Half the time he doesn't come back till 2 in the morning,"

Layla sighed shaking her head. Myles and Layla had grown closer over the years, he was like a little brother to her, she didn't want him to do what Zoo used to do cause stuff like that never turned out well, "Willie and I will talk to him. Don't worry about it alright."

Ms. Rosetta nodded giving her a hug. Myles came down the stairs and they both left, getting in the car. Myles began driving out the neighborhood, making his way toward New York.

"I know you not gonna buy shoes," Layla said looking at Myles. "Whatchu boutta go do?"

"I'm boutta go buy shoe-"

"Don't lie to me Myles. Are you selling again?"

"What?! No! I just wanted to go hang out with some friends,"

Layla looked at him not saying anything. She hoped he was telling her the truth, but she couldn't tell. Awhile ago Layla & Zoo, had found out that he was selling drugs, but they didn't tell Ms. Rosetta cause Myles was always the 'good' one. Myles claimed that he stopped, but no one knew for sure. Layla gave him an allowance of $50 dollars every week and Zoo basically bought him anything he wanted, so why he sold was not understood. Layla decided to drop the conversation, since she really didn't wanna argue.

"Don't fuck my car up. Better not smell like weed or liquor," Layla said getting out the car.

"Promise it won't," Myles laughed.

"I'm being serious Myles. If you drink don't drive, alright," Layla from outside the car. "Love you."

"Love you too La," Myles cheesed driving off.

Layla walked into the apartment complex, going up the elevator. Once she reached the front of her door, she spotted her cousin Tanisha laying on the floor helplessly.

"Get up T," Layla groaned helping Tanisha into her apartment. Layla sat her down on the couch sitting beside her.

"Layla I need money," Tanisha said scratching her neck and arms.

"I just gave you $200 last week," Layla sighed. She already knew that Tanisha did nothing with the money, except buy drugs and liquor.

"I know, but c'mon Layla. I need it for food,"

"T, you and I both know you not gonna buy food,"Layla said shaking her head. "I can't keep giving you money. I gotta pay this apartment, my car, take care of Aydin and Shayla. On top of that, ya mom askin me for money. Sorry T."

"Fine lemme crash here for a little while then,"

"I'll think about it, but I gotta get dressed so we'll talk when I get back,"

Layla hopped in the shower, letting the warm water hit her body, in all honesty she was tired of everything. She could barely enjoy herself. If she wasn't taking care of Aydin and Shayla, then she was dealing with her family or Myles and Angely. It's like she was the mother of all these children. She loved them dearly, but there's only so much a person can take.

After showering Layla got dressed in some leggings and a fitted white shirt she put on her Royal 1s and grabbed her purse. She put her dreads in a neat ponytail, then the doorbell rang.

"Hey, you look nice," Zoo smiled once Layla opened the door.

"You still with this nigga," Tanisha asked standing in the doorway. "Wow."

Layla ignored her comment, thanking Zoo, "I'll be back in a few hours, you know where everything is."

Layla closed the door behind her, heading out the apartment complex and into Zoo's brand new all white Mercedes.

"What we boutta do?" Layla once Zoo pulled out the garage.

"You'll see," Zoo smiled.

The rest of the day was spent at the mall, Zoo took her shopping at some of the most expensive and exclusive store. Anything she picked up or looked at, he bought for her. He then took her to a spa too get her nails & eyebrows done, along with a massage. Then they headed out to a high priced New York restaurant. Zoo just wanted her to feel special and be happy. It was sort of his way of thanking her for everything she's done for him, and how well brought up Aydin is.

"So how was your day?" Zoo asked once they sat down at a table.

"Stressful as hell," Layla sighed.

"What happened?"

"I went to your mom's house and she told me Myles is out late, he's smokin and all that. Then I get home and Tanisha askin for money."

"Damn that's why she was at your crib. And Myles ain't gon change,"

"I know, but we can try, you changed," Layla smirked. Zoo looked up from the menu laughing. "Thanks for everything though, it cheered me up."

"Anything for you," Zoo smiled.

"Oh my god, sorry for interrupting, but can I get a picture with you," A fan smiled at Zoo. He nodded and got up, Layla offered to take the picture for them. The fan thanked Zoo and Layla, then left. Soon as they sat down, Zoo's phone began ringing.

"What's up ma?"

"You and Layla need to come to the hospital right now, Myles and the kids got in a car accident...."

TO BE CONTINUED
***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh