Chapter 10

Zoo held her hand back into the widely spaced living room. He placed his hand around her waist, as she placed her arms around his neck. They both swayed back forth to the music, occasionally glancing into each others eyes.

Zoo was actually really feeling Layla, some might say it was a crush, but he completely denied it even though he knew it was a crush. She slowly brought out the good in him, in school he actually paid attention and he no longer got as angry about everything like he did before.

Zoo lowered his hands down to her hips, gently pulling her closer. Then whispering down in her ear.

"You real cute,"

Layla smiled,  "You not so bad yourself,"

Soon enough the slow music was overx and the real tweking/trap music began playing again. Soon as Layla was bout to leave, No Hands by Waka began playing, and that was one of her favorite songs. She let go of Zoo, throwing her hands up while backing up a little. She turned around and began moving her hips, making her butt wobble a little. Zoo watched amused at the site of her twerking. He stood behind her as she began throwin her ass back, with no hands. Zoo was quite impressed and he enojyed every minute of it. Evetually the song had endedx but one dance turned into at least 6 or 7. Both soon got tired and sat down for drinks.

Around 1 in the morning, the twins were getting ready to leave and so was Layla. She hugged Zoo, and the rest of the boys, then left with her cousins.

The next morning, no one went to school. They were all too tired or drunk, luckily Aunt Tasha had to go in for work early, so no one would be in trouble. Layla had spent the entire night texting Willie and by the time she had fallen asleep it was about 5 in the morning.

Around noon, Layla had woken up. Zoo had decided to surprise her, so he went over her house, but Zoo was in for a surprise himself. Once he got there, Tanisha opened the door, and she had never been more jealous than before. Zoo never visited her, so she knew he was either their for Layla or Asha.

"Whatchu doin here?" She fake smiled, hugging him.

"Nothin, just came to pick your cousin up," He replied once she let him in the house.

"I don't know why you even like her Zoo. She not all that, you could do so much better," Tanisha said rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

Zoo looked at her confused, why would she somethin like that bout her own cousin. Of course, he didn't get the hint that she liked him. But what Tanisha didn't know was that Layla had overheard the entire discussion when she had gotten out the shower. Her own cousin was talkin shit.

She shook her head going in her room and getting dressed in ripped overalls, a black long sleeve crop top, black cement 3s. She folded the top, then grabbed her phone and backpack.

"Hey Willie," Layla said coming down the stairs. He got up from the couch smiling then hugged her.

"What's up shawdy? You ready?"

Layla nodded, Zoo said by to Tanisha and Asha, who ran down the stairs smiling at the site of her cousin being with Zoo. Tanisha watched with envy, she noticed that he didn't even get mad when she called him Willie, but of course she didn't say anything.

They got in his car driving off to a diner not so far from the neighborhood. They were quickly seated in a booth. Layla took off her backpack placing it next to her, then looked down at the menu. Zoo just looked at her, admiring how good she looked.

"What?" She shyly asked.

"Hmm nothin," He quickly said. "Why you always have your bag witchu?"

"Ugh just cause it has everything I need,"

They made small talk till the waitress came to take their order. They both ordered, then went back to talking. While they were conversing, Zoo's phone kept ringing, it was his mother. He kept ignoring and rejecting the call, but Layla got uncomfortable knowing that he didn't want to talk to his mom.

"You should answer, it might be important," Layla said pointing at his phone.

Zoo looked at her, then sighed. After the third ring, he finally answered the phone, frowning, "What?"

His mother wanted him back home. His sister was sick and most of her rent money had to go her medicine, her job wasn't paying enough to cover all of it. But Zoo wasn't trynna here it, cause he knew shit like this would happen. His brother, Myles, had finally decided to confess that the drugs were actually his, but of course he didn't get in as much trouble as Zoo had. His mom had seen his grades had gotten better, and she was so proud of him. Zoo really didn't want to hear his mother out, so he hung up once the food had gotten to the table.

"Is everything okay?" Layla asked eating her fries.

"Nah, my moms kicked me out, now she says she needs me cause she can't pay the bills," He said shaking his head.

"Well you can't leave your family on the streets," Layla said looking concerned.

"Nah, she accused of doin some shit I ain't do, I knew it'd end up like shit,"

"But she's your mom. If anything do it for your lil brother and sister," She said placing her hand on his. He looked up at her, surprised again by her touch. 

The rest of their lunch went smooth, after eating they met up with Monty and Dice at the mall. But shit didn't go so well. When they made their way out the Nike store, two cops had approached them.

"Willie Maxwell and Montana Brown," They said in the process of handcuffing the boys. "Your under arrest for the robbery of Mrs. Goldstein."

TO BE CONTINUED
***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh