Chapter 33

Zoo looked at Asha confused. He was just arguing with her a few minutes ago and now she was on her way to the hospital.

"Hold up what?" Zoo asked looking at her.

"She just got hit by a car, we needa go to the hospital," Asha said slowly so he could understand.

Zoo still couldn't grasp the fact that his girlfriend was in an accident, but he put on his closest pair of shoes heading to his car with Asha. They placed Melo in his car seat and rushed down to the hospital. While Zoo sped down the streets all he could think about was how they'd left off on a bad note. And this was the second time something like this had happened. Unwillingly, Zoo began tearing up.

They rushed into the hospital talking to the nurse who told them she was currently in critical condition. Meanwhile Asha called Ms. Rosetta, Monty and Jenni to tell them what had just happened. Soon as they got the call they all made their way to the hospital, arriving within 30 minutes.

"What happened??" Jenni asked as soon as they arrived.

"I-I don't know... I just heard the sirens so I stepped out and saw Layla being placed on a stretcher.." Asha answered crying a little.

The rest of the night was spent in the hospital. The kids had all fallen asleep leaving all the adults silently sitting around the room. Since paparazzi found out that Zoo was at the hospital, they were all moved to a more private and comfortable room.

Around 7, Ms. Rosetta and Jenni went out to buy everyone breakfast. And the crew waiting several more hours to hears news on Layla. Around 2 that afternoon a doctor came in asking for a relative and/or spouse. Zoo and Asha approached the doctor with worried eyes.

"We were able to stabilize Layla, but it will only last for a few hours, till we are able to make a final decision..." the doctor posed looking at both Asha and Zoo. "Only one of them will be able to make it..."

"Whatchu mean?" Zoo asked.

"Layla was expecting a chil-" before completing his sentence, he was interrupted by his beeper saying that Layla had collapsed. He excused himself rushing through the double doors.

"What did he say??" Ms. Rosetta urged.

"Layla might lose-e her child or her own life," Asha said in shock.

Everyone was surprised. No one knew that she was pregnant, she was waiting for the right time to tell them. If the doctors delivered the baby, Layla wouldn't live because her wouldn't be able to handle the pressures of delivering a baby and she was too weak for a c-section. The only Layla would live is if the doctors operated some type of unvoluntary abortion.

Minutes later the doctor came back telling them that decision was no longer valid because the child wasn't getting enough oxygen so she passed. Layla was now in better conditon. And visitors would be allowed soon. The first to go in were Asha, Aydin, Ms. Rosetta and Zoo.

"Mommy are you okay?" Aydin asked worried. He ran over to the bedside looking up at his mother.

"Yes baby, mommy will be fine," Layla weakly smiled.

"Okay..." Aydin nodded still sad. "I brought you my spiderman so you can feel better...here."

Aydin placed his spiderman bear next to his mother. She smiled thanking him, then he kissed her cheek. He sat on her bed laying down next to her while watching tv.

"Why am I here?" Layla asked looking at Asha then Zoo.

"You got hit by a car.. you don't remember anything? " Asha asked looking at her cousin sadly.

"I just remember Ms. Rosetta's house,"

Zoo stood next to her not wanting to remind her of the argument they had before she stormed out the house. Luckily his mom and Asha were able to make conversation with her. Eventually, the entire squad came in to see Layla. Soon the doctor entered to discuss news on the child, thinking that Layla's family had announced the saddening news.

"So Layla as you know your child-" the doctor began explaining.

"We haven't discussed it yet,"Ms. Rosetta mumbled to the doctor.

The doctor's eyes widened feeling sorry that he brought it up, without her being warned. Layla looked from the doctor to Ms. Rosetta. Panickimg she looked down at her stomach, feeling the scars through the thin fabric.

"What happened to my baby?!" Layla yelled frantickly feeling on her stomach and looking at the doctor and her family, with eyes filled with tears.

They all bowed their heads looking down. Once the doctor was able to calm her down a little he announced that she had lost her baby due to the accident. Shocked by the news Layla didn't know how to react. She began crying and panicking and could no longer properly breathe. As she struggled to gasp for air, her eyes began rolling back and she began shaking uncontrollably.

"Mommy?! Daddy what's wrong with mommy!!??" Aydin yelled beginning to cry at the sight of his mother experiencing a seizure.

"Get him out of here!!" A group of nurses yelled running over to Layla with a crash cart. "Everyone out!"

Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh