Chapter 12

The next morning, both Layla and Zoo got up happy. Literally nothing could piss them off. Zoo got up showering and got dressed in some gray joggers, taxi 12s, a black & pullover sweater, along with a beanie.

"You boutta ride wit me?" Zoo asked Monty who had just finished getting out the shower.

"Nah, go pick your girl up," Monty smirked.

"She not my girl," Zoo paused smirking while looking at his best friend. "Yet."

Meanwhile, Layla was also getting dressed. She tied her dreads in a ponytail, then got dressed in cherry 12s, gray joggers and a black cropped hoodie. She grabbed her backpack and cell phone heading out the door, she saw Zoo standing outside his car waiting for her.

She hugged him, then they both got in the car. He turned on the engine, making their way to school. Layla unplugged Zoo's phone, plugging the aux cord to her phone. She began playing some Gucci Mane and Zoo looked at her surprised.

"Whatchu know bout Gucci?" Zoo said bobbin his head while turning up the music.

"Nigga watchu mean," Layla laughed singing along.

They soon pulled up to school, stepping out the car together. They didn't know whether or not they were together yet, so they didn't show any public affection, but they both knew what was up.

Instead of spending the school days with his friends, Zoo decided to spend it with Layla walking her to class, sitting with her during lunch and all that good stuff.

"Whatchu boutta do afterschool?" Zoo asked while they walked to the cafeteria.

"Mm I don't know yet," Layla shrugged, she liked the attention that Zoo gave her, but she didn't want him to not spend time with his friends. "Whatchu boutta do?"

"Prolly hang with the squad," Zoo shrugged using his phone.

"Better not go robbin anyone," Layla jokingly mumbled.

"Stop playin," Zoo laughed pushing her away a little.

They bought their lunch sitting at the usual table they sat at.

"Well look who we have here," Cheyenne said standing in front of them.

"Fuck you want?" Zoo asked annoyed as hell.

"This why you stood me up the other day. You went from me to her?" She asked.

"We were never togeth-" Zoo began answering.

"Listen Cheyenne," Layla said interrupting Zoo. "We not boutta have this today. I already beat your ass once, and I'll gladly do it again today. So you and your lil friends should get to steppin before some shit goes down.."

Layla casually kept eating her fries, Cheyenne rolled her eyes and began walking away, "This is ain't over bitch."

Zoo laughed, mimicking Layla, "Get to steppin before some shit goes down."

"Keep playin and ya ass gon end up with her," Layla mumbled again.

"You know I can still hear your ass talkin," Zoo said raising his eyebrows. Layla laughed to herself.

"What's up love birds?" Asha smiled walking over with Monty.

"Y'all niggas the ones, that keep denying each other," Zoo said eyeing them.

"We ain't tell you?" Monty laughed, "We been datin since like October, y'all niggas late as hell."

"I mean it was bound to happen." Layla and Zoo mumbled, they both looked at each other and broke out in laughter, while Monty & Asha looked at them confused. Layla and Zoo had come up with their own little insider, mumbling. Even though it wasn't that big of an insider, it meant that Zoo had finally warmed up with Layla.

After school, Layla went to Zoo's locker to say bye since she wanted to chill alone.

"We boutta go out to eat, you trynna come?" Asha smiled.

"Nah, I'm kinda tired, imma just head home," Layla said as they both waited for the boys to finish at their lockers.

"So when am I boutta see you?" Zoo asked looking down at Layla.

"You know where I live nigga," Layla playfully rolled her eyes.

Zoo chuckled closing his locker. The four walked out the school waiting for the rest of the crew. Zoo hugged Layla, kissing her cheek, then watched as she walked away.

Since the twins were out and Aunt Tasha had to work like always, Layla had the entire house by herself. She started her afternoon by eating a bowl of cereals while watching tv, painting her nails, then heading upstairs for a nap.

During her nap, Chris, Aunt Tasha's sugar daddy had entered the household. Chris knew that no one was home at the time cause Tanisha wanted him to scare Layla. But Chris had a different plan, he wanted a piece of Layla.

He slowly creeped upstairs going into Layla's room. Layla didn't hear him cause she was knocked out since she barely got sleep. He removed his shirt, pulling the covers off of Layla.

"We meet again," He smiled pulling Layla off the bed by her dreads.

"What the fuck?! Get the fuck out!" She yelled jumping off the bed.

"Shut the fuck up!" He said smacking her with full force. She landed back on the bed, cupping her cheek in her hand.

Chris forced himself on top of her, holding onto her hands, while continuously beating her, but Layla was a fighter she never gave up. She kneed his groin, watching as he cupped the area yelling out in pain. Layla grabbed her backpack and her phone, slipped her vans on and began running down tge hallway. Chris ran out to the hallway, he grabbed her leg dragging her to the floor. She held onto the doorway kicking him in the face. Once he let go, she sprinted down the stairs and out the house. She continued running, even though she was in pain not looking back. She had made it to Zoo's mother's house before passing out on the front yard.

While the crew was out Zoo got a call from his mother, but he ignored it cause he thought it was his mother bugging him out bill money. After calling at least five times, his mother had given up. Zoo's mom with the help of Myles helped Layla into the youse laying her down on Zoo's old bed.

Zoo's mom decided to call him one last time, and she was lucky tht he finally picked up.

"What?!" Zoo yelled into the phone frowning.

"You will not talk to your mother like that-"

"Mother?" Zoo began laughing. "No mother kicks there son out then leaves them stranded. I don't care about anything you have to say..."

Zoo's mother was hurt by her son's harsh words that she began tearing up, "i guess you won't care that girl of yours is over here, all beat and bruised up."

She hung up the phone, wiping her tears, then went upstairs to check on Layla. Zoo, on the other hand, felt the world slow down. His heart began beating fast and he was gasping for air. He'd never felt this before, but this just showed how much Layla meant to him. Hearing that she was hurt crushed his heart.

***
Check out: fettywvp1738.tumblr.com
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh