Chapter 2

I thought long and hard about it last night, and decided greeting my tribute at the train station will give the best first impression of me. That is why I got up early this morning so I could have everything prepared. That everything being me. I want her to get a good first impression of the Capitol, and considering I am her mentor, I will be her representation of the Capitol. Or at least what the people here are like. 

I was extra careful this morning as I was dressed in my uniform. I ensured that there were zero wrinkles, and everything was smooth. I made sure my curls laid there perfectly on my head, without a single strand out of place. I really wanted to look my best for our first meeting.

When I got to the train station I was shocked to see Coriolanus already waiting there. I can see him switching from standing on his feet, to on his toes nervously. He carries a single rose in his hand, which I presume is for his tribute. Smart on his part, but I don't need a gift for my tribute. My presence should be enough.

We don't say anything to each when I stand next to him. We just acknowledge each other with short, but polite nods. We haven't ever talked much, only for school related issues. So I make no effort to engage in conversation.

I can hear a train whistle in the distance, and as I watch, I see the train pulling into the station where it comes to an abrupt halt. A decently sized group of peacekeepers hop off of the train, and start to open the compartments. Which causes the air to smell like ass, and I have to force myself not to gag as I start to walk closer to the train.

I can see tributes start exiting the train, and from the corner of my eye, Coriolanus making a beeline for his colorful tribute. As more tributes pass I spot her. I straighten my spine, and hold myself together as I brace myself to approach her. I get closer, and I see her standing there at the opening of the compartment with a hand on the bar. She look irritated as she waits for her district partner to move before she is able to lower herself to the ground.

Her feet hit the ground and she adjusts her hat, one I hadn't noticed before, and attempts to start moving. I stop her before she could walk too far away, by I tapping her shoulder to get her attention. I jerk my hand back realizing I just touched someone from the district, and she whips her head around to look at me. Well glare at me would be more right. "What?" she barks.

I let a polite (fake) smile flash across my face as I introduce myself. "I am Treech Duchannes, I am going to be your mentor"

She gives me a very obviously mocking smile "Aww do I look like I give a shit?" she says with sarcasm laced in her tone, and drops the smile as she finishes. I am flabbergasted as she proceeds to walk away from me. I can't believe she has the nerve to speak to me like that. I am already not happy with being around so much district filth, but her words just are the icing on the cake.

I jump back away from the train when a ginger tributes body smacks the ground, and I quickly walk away from her in attempt to speak to _____ again. But the peacekeepers rounding up the tributes prevents me from doing so. I just stand there, and let out an annoyed huff as the tributes all get into a truck. I guess I'll just have to try my luck a different time.

Well at least that is what I thought before Coriolanus dragged me into the truck with him, and pulled me to the back. I would give him a peace of my mind if I could, but with the sound of the trucks doors shutting filling my ear, I don't think I'll have the time to.

I slowly turn around to see the faces of twenty fours tributes staring daggers at me, and Snow. I involuntarily gulp in fear knowing that they have the upper hand here, and would be willing to rip me to shreds. I see _____ choosing to stand instead of sitting, with her arm above her head, hand resting on the bars. I feel uneasy under her stare, and wish for my eyes to look away but they won't budge.