SAMANTHA LILY ADAMS

'Circumstances have changed.'

I am crying myself out but no, let me be specific I have been crying my eyes out the past two days.

The past two days have been the worst time of my life so far that I am trying to lie to myself that it's just a dream and soon I will wake up, that it's only going to be for a year, but that's not it. It's 365 days that we are talking here, they don't just go like that, now that I am saying goodbye to my two best friends, I am starting to feel reality kick right in. There is no way out so soon.

"So when are you coming back or it won't ever happen?" I shake my head while Chloe cries her eyes out even more than me which leaves Abby to stand there looking at us awkwardly and realize that there is no ending to my hug with Chloe.
She joins us and we all hug together.

"Sam? Dad is calling for you to come so we should go," I pull myself away from the hug and I pass the girls a quick saddened smile before turning to follow my sister to where they are waiting beside the car that is going to be taking us to the airport.

She opens her arms for me and I snuggle closer to her as we walk into the car that is waiting for us,
My dad says nothing as we finally approach them. He just turns his head to pass a nod to the bodyguard and I hear my mother asking if I am okay but I just ignore her.
If she is really worried she should have understood me when I asked to be understood.

I am so hurt, pissed, and angry at everything.
We get in the car and I sit between Yarrow and Sav, I am still lying in her arms and I don't know how it happened but as I closed my eyes they opened again when I felt someone shaking me slowly to wake up. Maybe it's the effect of staying awake for the past 48 hours without sleeping wondering about what the future holds for you like we can do anything about it.

I don't even know how I got to sleep because the past few days sleep was something that I have been getting not so easily.
I slowly open my eyes to catch my mother standing beside the bed that I am lying on and I don't even remember going to sleep, above all in a bed.

I pull myself up yawning in the process and I look at my mother who is smiling at me but I remember how angry I am at her and I just look away pursing my lips.

She leans forward and runs her hand in my hair smiling at me.
"We are about to land Lily, so wake up and sit properly before we land." I gulp feeling broken at what she just said but I don't show it.

I look at her and ask with a frown instead. "In Rwanda? Are you telling me, we are already in Rwanda? How long did I fall asleep for?" She pulls my dark brown hair compared to my sister's out of my face behind my ear.

"Yes, honey we are landing in Rwanda and you've been sleeping for 14 hours!" I nod my head not believing reality but also knowing that it's here already and there is nothing I can do to change it.

I wake up and I follow her out of the room that is in the private jet that we are in.
I didn't even understand how huge my father's post was until now that we were flying in a private jet.
Yes, we were rich but not to the extent of owning our private jet. The far that I thought we were going to be flying in was at least the first class but not this,

"Finally the sleeping beauty is awake!" I send a glaring look to my brother's way as he grins at me as if our situation is funny at all.

I turn my head away from him not wanting to be annoyed even more, my mother walks over to sit beside my father and I keep walking to sit at the empty seat in front of Sav beside the window.

I jump in the seat and Sav flinches as she glares at me but that is short-lived because she suddenly removes the Bluetooth earphones she had in her ear and asks me looking worried. "How are you feeling Sam?" her glare suddenly turned into a softened look as she asked.