TRENTON KAI ROYAL

'One can not know what a man really is at the end of a fortnight,'

Coming up with what to do this evening was one of the hardest assignments that I have ever taken in my whole life. I have never tried something like this.

Attending work in the embassy was not only harder than usual but it was also unending.
I kept feeling unsettled the whole day but then it came to me that I don't have to try hard because I don't know her.

Maybe like she said to me the first time we met, she doesn't want to have fun in this country and maybe going overboard would bite me back in the ass.

But as I set the table on the balcony of my hotel suite, I know the decision I took of just setting a simple dinner here was so wise of me and as I look at it now as I wait for Samantha, I know I did the right thing.

I don't have time to dwell or feel anymore more wrecked because there is suddenly a knock on the door.
I know it's Samantha because I am not expecting anyone else.

I sigh pulling my shit together because somehow I am feeling so nervous about inviting a teen girl over.

I have never done something like this before. After all, usually, I don't make plans for just chilling because I could bet my whole bank account that in Samantha's dictionary this is just a chill meet-up.

Usually in my dictionary I always meet up for other purposes but this time is just a chillout and adding up the thing that she is underage makes this more nerve-wracking than it should have been.

I reach for the door and open it and as I mentioned, Samantha is standing there looking much older than she is.
Her innocent luring smile that she has on her face would make you think she came for other purposes that aren't for a chill but I know better than to wonder my mind elsewhere.

"Hey," I say to her opening the door wider for her to get in. "Hey."
She walks in looking unsurely of it.
I close the door much louder than how I intended and she almost jumps out.

I raise my eyebrow at her in confusion. What got her so worked up?

"Everything okay?" I ask but then it suddenly hit me why she is so nervous.
it occurs to me how this might be looking in her eyes, so I rush to clear myself.

"So, I thought so much about this and I realized that I know nothing about you which made it hard for me to come up with something to do for you," I say and she is looking at me so attentively as if she doesn't want to miss out on anything but one thing I know is that her being here tells me something.

But I don't go further into it, she is here feeling nervous and scared of me taking advantage of her so I need to focus on helping her calm down instead of filling my mind with fantasies.

"So I made dinner for us to just sit and talk, I realize I don't know you much and I remember you still haven't told me if you made peace with this place. Simply, I wanted to treat you dinner." She smiles the kind of smile that I have seen a few times on her smile but she always smiles at her father of all the time I have seen it.

"Well," she says and I nod. "Where is the dinner?" I lead her to my balcony and I carefully look at the look on her face as she pulls the wow emotion on her face.
A smirk rises on my face.

"What do you say?" I ask pulling the chair behind for her to sit on.
She sits and raises her head to look up at me.

"Well for starters I love wine and I so much hate this water you always serve me." She says and I frown at her. "No way you are drinking while underaged, Samantha." She pouts her lips and I look away. I don't want to lie because the gesture is getting on me but there is no way I am serving her wine.