SAVANNAH LILAC ADAMS

'Life is known by those who have and it's endless to those who don't have.'

"What is it now?" I ask as I put the book in my hands.

I give our mom my full attention waiting for another wave to hit.
I don't know what kind of life I am living recently, things, unexpected things are being thrown at me daily, the guy who made me feel welcomed dumbed me for my sister. Seriously what is wrong with me?

Or what is wrong with everyone? What does my sister have that I don't, for God's sake, we are twins. Do people don't care?

My mother clears her throat and I blink out of my imagination and come back to her.

"I want you guys to help me realize something. Last night you heard the conversation I had with your father and I want you to tell me what you think about it. Between me and him who is a bad guy here?"

"Shouldn't you be trying to solve this with Dad instead of talking it out with us?" Yarrow asks and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up dummy." In unison, I say the same time with Samantha.
Our eyes land on one another like a spark, it burns my gaze and I look away.

"Please hear me out, I feel like my thinking cells aren't in their best capability."

"I feel like you have to listen and put your trust in Dad, he wouldn't endanger you or our young sibling in any way. You going back to America it's reprieving us the rights of being there for the baby too." Somehow I feel like Yarrow's reasoning makes sense.

"I think he makes sense. Mom, Dad loves you we all know that and I believe before he allowed anything bad to come your way he would first have to lose his life."

"You guys say the most beautiful things. I am happy to see you are grownups now." I smile at our mom.

"Please trust in Dad," I say and turn to look at my brother as he gets on his feet. "If you may excuse me, I gotta start on my essay."

"I love y'all to the core." He says walking out of the kitchen, I turn to Samantha and purse my lips.

She is not looking at me. She was busy on her phone the whole time. Mom turns back to the cooking.
"Lily Samantha, do you want something to eat?"

"Oh not yet Mom, let me first take a shower." I watch as she puts her phone in her jeans pockets and turns to leave.

I wait a little bit before I also stand up on my feet and walk behind her.
I jog to her before she gets in her room, I reach for her arm.
"Sam, can we talk?" She looks at me and nods fairly.

"Come in my room." We walk in together.
I slowly walk in with unsurely footsteps and stand there awkwardly not knowing what to do.
She throws her bag pack on the floor and starts undressing.

"Are you going to just stand there?" She asks looking at me, I clear my throat and then purse my lips.

"Sam, I wanted to apologize. I am having a serious and very emotional time you are not the only one who didn't want to come, I also didn't. But the pressures of being the oldest Sam weighs hard on my shoulders." She is still looking at me with a focused gaze.

"Damien broke up with me when we moved here because he wasn't up for the LDR, one year is a lot, and ever since I haven't been able to cope with it." I stop talking and look at her but she is only looking without saying anything.

I look away and sigh. "I am a mess Sam and I am sorry that I took it out on you, I haven't been able to sleep without drinking." I gulp feeling a knot in my throat.
I lower my head and allow tears to fall on my cheeks.